England Exclusive Futsul Cards

Update - 09/10/2020 - Grookey spotted online! Looks like (as predicted) that GAME will have one new promo available each month, on the run up to Christmas. Expect Scorbunny in November and Sobble in December (Pokedex order). No updates for Pikachu yet, the applications are still open.

Just checking, is this the first time ENGLAND specifically (not the UK as a whole) has received an exclusive card? I believe the Kraze Club Skitty was available across the whole country. I guess technically Meli’s Art Academy card was exclusive to England also haha!

Read more - pokemon.gamespress.com/GAME-ANNOUNCES-POKEMON-GLOBAL-EXCLUSIVE

I’m hoping to pick up a bunch of these tomorrow, fingers crossed! Shame the Pikachu will have a limited distribution only to those running the Futsul school/clubs.

22 Likes

Some Pokemon are on the pitch, they think it’s all over, It is now!

6 Likes

That Pikachu will be so hard to get!

5 Likes

Indeed. Futsul is also not super popular here compared to proper football (soccer). We got to hope each club gets like a pack of 10/40 promos each. Could end up being the rarest modern English Pikachu by far.

3 Likes

We’re playing for England! Eng - Er - Land!

4 Likes

:sob:

Greetz,
Quuador

11 Likes

Wild. Going to put this on the long-term list… will be looking for contact info for those who wind up with Pikachus eventually, but man will it be difficult if they aren’t given out in any sort of bulk.

2 Likes

This is so cool! I loved playing futsal in college. Ima need all of these :blush:

4 Likes

Would the coaches get staff cards? :rofl:

1 Like

Slight tangent, but I noticed the illustrator is ‘The Pokémon Company Art Team’… Does anyone know any more about them, other than what’s on Bulbapedia?

They seem to have only done 9 cards (now 10), all of which are Eevees/Eeveelutions for some odd reason?

I guess Pokemon decided that the only way they could feasibly exert even more control over their artists was to literally hide their names.

2 Likes
  • After reading about futsul, I’m confused why the Eevee appears to be in an outdoor stadium with a shadow from the sun?

• I’m happy for futsul fans, but if y’all get this bizarrely random promo, and there are no new snap cards for new Pokemon snap, I’m gonna be salty!

2 Likes

Now hold on, his shadow is directly under him so it could very well be an indoor stadium with lamps hanging from the ceiling, something like this

2 Likes

Looks like some starters make up the other 3. Keeper Squirtle inc?

2 Likes

Why’d you have to go and post this and ruin my previous point >_>

2 Likes

@nish Must be outside the indoor stadium, Fan zone Charmander

I wish it was charmander… looks like it’s probably the swsh starters. Not surprising considering, ya know, that current sets are swsh

3 Likes

Shame it’s more likely to be the Galar starters due to trying to promote new sets/games. Hope I’m proved wrong!

This is the first time I have ever heard the term ‘futsal’. Pretty weird when you know the sport, but always simply called it indoor football.
One of the most unexpected, random promo releases I can think of.

1 Like

@nish,@professorstephen Yea good points, I guess it would be a missed opportunity to not include the Scorbunny as it evolves into Cinderace. Also the U.K Galar influence would make sense for English Promos.

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

1 Like