What happened to Futsal?

Couldn’t find an answer about this; but Pokemon Futsal promos started rolling out half a year ago and then completely stopped.

On the poster that was provided to kids in the UK it says the Pikachu would be available in “Autumn 2020” but clearly this didn’t happen.

Does anyone know why \ what happened? Do you think the rest of the promos will be released?

I was really hyped for the Scorbunny one and ofcourse for the Pikahcu and can’t stop wondering about them :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

A lot of people have been wondering the same thing tbh. The competition was cancelled due to the pandemic, no surprise there. But no idea if and when it will continue, and when the Scorbunny would be available in stores.

I think @pokerand was in contact with some Futsal clubs that applies to the tournament, but even they don’t know anything about it either last time I spoke to him on Discord.

If the card will be given one day, it’s probably when the UK is close to done with the vaccinations, and normal life starts again, would be my guess. But when that will be, beats me. Won’t be anytime soon though, that’s for sure.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I just assumed I missed the Pikachu but I’ve never seen one in the wild.

Hopefully the Pikachu will be released, there are still two more other cards that also need to be released.

This question crossed my mind as well.

The website announcing the futsal kits depicted an image with a Pokemon football a bib a bag and the Pikachu promo, which led me to believe either each player or at the very least each team would get a kit with all those items:

www.mastertheball.com/

I’ve been keeping an eye for Pokemon futsal listings on ebay and have seen numerous listings with the football and bibs shown on the official website, but no Pikachu Promos. Not sure if these were supposed to be handed out separately from the kit, but I’m pretty confident that if people had these promos at least would have showed up by now.

I was under the assumption that it was in line with Euro 2020, which was postponed and is due to start mid June this year. It could be the case that we see them rolled back out around then. I heard that GAME UK had exclusive futsal cards and went to my local store to get some. Long story short they said they had promo cards for free with Pokemon purchases, I bought a few things and then the promo cards were jumbo black star promos

The guy behind the counter said they were no longer allowed to give out the futsal cards anymore, which maybe they were told by head office to put it on hold until further word and further word may have been they’ll release again this year alongside the Euros but again, purely speculation on my part

I chronicled the experience on my youtube channel for anyone who’d like to see

1 Like

Covid happened, the scorbunny and sobble were supposed to be released in the last few months last year but lockdown in the UK halted that. GAME were waiting on TPC sendign them scorbunny but it never happened due to covid restrictions and lockdown(I know this because I spoke to my local GAME)

Once they open again I have no doubt they will roll the final 2 out and the Pikachu when futsal can go ahead again. All GAME are shut at the moment so it is a waiting game(pun intended ;P)

1 Like

No there are only certain teams that win the card. Not every team receives them, only selected teams win a goodie bag along with the cards for each player.

2 Likes