Embedding Ebay Affiliate into Listing

Hi all,

So, I wanted to show how to embed your ebay affiliate into a listing. This makes me about $100/month for doing absolutely nothing.

See my description in the following item to see how it looks:1. Click “HTML” tab under on Item Description
2. Copy the following syntax and add your affiliate link where it says “INPUT AFFILIATE LINK HERE” in red:

[INPUT AFFILIATE LINK HERE](<font color=)

">Check out my other vintage Pokémon items HERE!Please feel free to reach out with any questions IG: poke.hut

I AM CURRENTLY HALTING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE VIRUS!

Pretty sure this is against the EPN rules.

III: Prohibited Promotional Methods

H: Promotional Content placed on an Advertiser website itself (for example, in your listings, your “About Me” page, and your store or eBay message boards).

Yeah, perhaps. I’ve never had issues with it so I don’t know.

I don’t understand things like this but if you’re using that in your own listings, would it not be exceptionally easy for eBay to detect and ban your account?

If they cared or was easy to detect I’d definitely would have gotten a notice by now. I’ve had this in all my listings for months.

Everyone should be sure to check out my version of this URL here that’s complicit with EPN’s terms of service
“You may not cause Qualifying Transactions to be made in bad faith limited to using invisible methods to generate impressions, clicks or transactions that are not initiated by the affirmative and genuine action of an end user”

ebay.to/2UE3GLo

But in all seriousness, they are actually pretty strict with their terms of use. I’ve received warning about clicking my own links and I know at least one member here has been banned from the service

2 Likes

They are pretty strict but sometimes it takes a few months for them to catch this type of stuff. I was hit with some fees for clicking my own links before while testing and forgetting to clear out before making a purchase.