Ebay listing on youtube

Hi, I hope I have this in the right section. I just had a question. I sell random card lots, and I realized that it might be nice to link a youtube video that shows an example or two of what the buyer might get. I thought this would really make things a little less vague when buying bulk random lots. My question is, can I do this? Does ebay frown upon linking to a youtube video, or is it ok? Thanks!

I personally have never done this out of worry ebay would flag the listings/account.

Ive seen it on listings but never tried it.

You can if done correctly. I am not sure if random lots qualify though

Ebay policy: www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/links-policy?id=4248

How to: www.thebalancesmb.com/promote-your-items-with-ebay-videos-1140577

I didn’t know the answer either and was curious so dig some quick digging.

Per eBay: Full source

So yes you can link/embed a youtube video in your listing but be sure to follow their guidelines or they could try charging you a final value fee if you give contact information/website in the video or suspend/terminate your account.

I would assume having links in your listing make them more prone to being quicker to act on any reporting/flagging by bots or otherwise as well so basically you’d likely open yourself up to more scrutiny.

Edit: Rusty beat me to it

Very interesting! Thanks for all of the comments! I will give it a try and give an update or two to let everyone know if I get flagged or not. Thanks again!

I remember trying to put a link of shared photos and Ebay would not let me just because I could not fit them all on my listing. Interesting that they allow Youtube video links though.

They don’t, it seems you must embed it into the listing, you are not allowed to just link to a youtube video. ^^’

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Well, looks like you can embed a video with little issue. I did it on this listing so far and it seems to be working well. Now I just hope it is useful for the customer.

www.ebay.com/itm/112141380246