eBay Garbage

Maybe gently give them a nudge to redeem themselves? :melting_face:

V awkward.

2 Likes

I confronted them about it via DMs. I will probably message an admin here about it to have their account banned or suspended or whatever they do :melting_face: Hope it was worth it

I get that youā€™re upset, but nobody should be banned for canceling an eBay order. Thatā€™s a bit draconian.

5 Likes

The user is going against Rule 3.1 of the forum. Ultimately itā€™s up to the moderators to decide, I just want to prevent others from having to deal with it as well.

By the way for more context they flaunted about how their collection is so impressive according to e4, so they are well aware of their actions, lol

4 Likes

Back before eBay moved to managed payments and everything went through PayPal, ā€œPayPal ready buddyā€ would be an oddly common message ā€œcustomersā€ would send when making an offer/attempting to make an offer on an item.

2 Likes

To be fair, cancelling an order is not explicitly listed in Rule 3.1.

I donā€™t think cancelling one eBay order should result in a ban or suspension. Now if it becomes a habit, thatā€™s an entirely different story.

Iā€™ve had people do much worse and it never made me want them banned from any platform. You definitely have a right to be upset, but try not to resort to any drastic measures.

2 Likes

Members of the forum who engage in unscrupulous activity will not be tolerated. This type of activity includes but is not limited to: Shill bidding, opening eBay/PayPal cases without merit, doxing, excessive trolling. We do not condone this activity; it will be moderated accordingly.

I think there is a big difference between cancelling an eBay auction because it sold too low and doxing/excessively trolling someone. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@JoshsOddCollection You are free to share the username of a seller that cancelled a sale because they didnā€™t like the price. That way people can choose to add them to their block list.

7 Likes

Given that this person has my home address I donā€™t know that it would be the best decision :sweat_smile:

Why do you think they are going to weaponize your home address? Not saying they 100% wont, but if they were that unhinged thereā€™d be other signs first

1 Like

Nick rack. But ehh Iā€™m not sure how I feel about those hands.

R

4 Likes

On a serious note, this actually does drive me nuts when this happens. Itā€™s an integrity issue as far as Iā€™m concerned; if you operate as a seller on a public selling platform and then choose to not honor an auction price when it finishes, you are upending the contract of trust the platform runs off of. In the process you tarnish your own name of course, so itā€™s at your own peril to an extent. All the better to me if potential buyers can be warned about stuff like that. But I have a pretty low tolerance for integrity issues.

6 Likes

Did they actually send you a message saying Iā€™m cancelling the sale because I donā€™t like the price Iā€™ve just sold if for? Was it an auction or buy it now/offer?

1 Like

It was a bid that was up for 10 days with 9 bids. I confronted them about it and they told me it was ā€œlisted by mistakeā€ and given the paragraph description that was clearly not the case. Iā€™ll post the details and the seller when I get on my computer later

2 Likes

Ok Iā€™ll have a look later.

1 Like

Today I had an order cancelled by poke_dan on eBay. Really sad to see, especially because heā€™s pretty much the only other serious Oddish collector on E4 aside from myself.

This collection looked familiar to me and thatā€™s because it was! He previously posted his entire collection in a thread here on E4. He was selling his entire collection and I thought it would be fitting for me to purchase them from him.

The listing was up for 10 days and ended at a whopping $81.05 with 9 bids, mine being the highest bid. Not surprising to me because very few people care about Oddish. I was excited to get his collection though because it seemed like a great deal to me. The bidding ended on 3/13/2023 and he didnā€™t say anything to me until today (3/16/2023) when he cancelled my order.

It was pretty clear to me that it didnā€™t reach the price he expected so he decided to cancel it. I confronted him about this by messaging him.

I donā€™t buy the excuse ā€œlisted by mistakeā€ when this was the description:

Pokemon TCG Oddish Collection (Most Unique & Expansive In The World).

I spent a year and hundreds of dollars putting together the very best Oddish Collection in the world. Big-time collectors on E4 had never seen anything like it. Some of these cards were only printed in India, some are Holo Oddishes most people have never heard of, and others are mysterious products from Japan with hardly any written history. And there is much more. Everything in near mint or sealed condition. Become the greatest Oddish collector in the world today! Make me an offer.

Really sad to see when he was a fellow collector whose collection I looked up to. He has multiple other listings up for other Pokemon things so I would be cautious when buying from him. These kinds of people ruin some of the fun of getting a great deal when they turn around and cancel it.

Good luck and happy collecting everyone

18 Likes

Sorry to see a sweet auction win go bad.

Looks like Dan hasnā€™t even logged in since the forum changed over to this site, so he isnā€™t active anyways

2 Likes

Terrible handling from beginning to end. Iā€™d have contacted any Oddish collectors I know first and if no luck then list with a buy it now with offers or set a highish first bid along with offers. If I made the mistake which I wouldnā€™t of doing what heā€™s done and really donā€™t want to sell as itā€™s all gone horribly wrong Iā€™d never just cancel a sale with no contact to the customer first.

3 Likes

poke_dan here. I havenā€™t logged in for a while, but received an email about this post. First I want to apologize and say that what I did was wrong. I saw how low the price was and panicked, mostly because Iā€™m trying to sell of my collection to generate cash to help my family travel. I agree with previous statements that it was a breach of the auction system of trust. Iā€™ve been stewing over this and feeling guilty all day, and seeing your disappointment was what finally led me to reach out.

I want to explain one thing. I havenā€™t been communicative with really any of my buyers of late. I havenā€™t been into Pokemon lately so I havenā€™t been super attentive as Iā€™ve been selling off extras in my collection. The lack of communication initially wasnā€™t because I didnā€™t like the buy price (although I didnā€™t). We are currently selling our home and planning some trips, all while I work an incredibly demanding job, taking up most of my mental space. Although thatā€™s no excuse, itā€™s part of what drove me to make this decision to be an ass and cancel the order. I allowed current circumstances in life to strip me of my integrity. I would be upset if someone cancelled my order, too. My feelings about the final buy price never were your problem.

I believe in honesty and integrity and making things right. Part of me justified what I did because I know this collection is worth more than $81, but that doesnā€™t fly here, which I accept. Even though it hurts to spend over $1,000 putting this collection together and take a massive loss while weā€™re strapped for cash, I want to be a man of integrity above all. If you still want the collection, Iā€™ll send it to you.

Let me know what you want to do. At the end of the day, I lost a lot but donā€™t want to lose my integrity over a moment of weakness.

Let me know soon if thatā€™s the route youā€™d like to take. Either way, I did my best to make things right.

31 Likes

Perfect x