eBay Garbage

I’ve always read the “best price” question as:

“Hello can you please negotiate against yourself? I’ve had a really long day of sending messages about cards that my son bid on and really don’t have the energy to send an offer first. Please understand that regardless of what price you say, I will still request that you go lower. Thanks!”

and just never respond.

15 Likes

I always respond with ‘my price is listed, if you wish to get it for lower, you’ll have to send me a strong offer’

99% of the time I do not get an offer, let alone a strong one. So I will often just ignore them these days, as the effort outweighs the potential for a sale.

2 Likes

Bold of you to assume they even looked at the title - they evidently didn’t for mine.
For the record “heavily played” is spelled out in the description and the pictures clearly show the wear.

3 Likes

ceaselessly amazed how many people see a condition like played, in the title and then ask, “Is this gradable?”
:rofl:
I mean, I guess it technically IS gradable…

2 Likes

Not sure if this is eBay garbage, eBay gold, a meme, some combination of those, or something else entirely, but here we go. Whatever it takes to sell your cards I guess?

After further inspection (mind out of the gutter you swine!), the username checks out:

Username

But atleast with this kind of feedback, you can be confident your purchase won’t be a bust

…I’m here all week folks.

20 Likes

I remember seeing these folks years ago when they were first starting out. From recollection, they were the first breast-focused card sellers on eBay. Several have tried to copy them since.

3 Likes

Scott needs to up his Ebay game.

21 Likes

I also remember seeing this sometime back, but from what I remember, in this case, sex did not sell. I think I checked out some of the auction prices and they weren’t commanding any sort of premium (despite perhaps more eyes on the listing).

2 Likes

Got my 1st one!

19 Likes

I think it’s the way people word things. I’ve asked if there’s any movement plenty before and been asked myself plenty. I never have a prob with it and have bought and sold. Anyone familiar with Drew buying antiques in the UK hears this in every show.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely. Its the complete lack of punctuation in this that makes it hilarious. I have Best Offer active in the listing, so if you want to see if I’ll take something lower try that.

2 Likes

A message speaks volumes about a person even if it’s only 3 words lol.

2 Likes

Like the classic “PayPal ready buddy!” before eBay went to managed payments.

8 Likes

Please send it and report back

No, What’s my highest. Who’s my lowest. That bum’s a slacker.

In seriousness, I’ve asked this recently:

Are you solid at $XXX? or Is there any room for negotiation?

OR
Just make a damn offer, but I gotta agree, at least give me a laugh if you’re not gonna haggle.
I also think there’s a misunderstanding of what some mean by “haggle”. I generally mean that haggling, is finding the middle point, or trying to find their true best offer. “Haggling” is NOT throwing offers that are way low and then refusing to move. There’s a deliberate tactic to haggling that these “This price is whack! I’ll give you 50%” clowns just don’t have.

5 Likes

Just had a fellow e4 user cancel an eBay order on me because it didn’t sell for what they wanted. I would put this user on blast but they have my home address. Very cool!

4 Likes

Wait, what?

Put em on blast!

5 Likes

Maybe gently give them a nudge to redeem themselves? :melting_face:

V awkward.

2 Likes

I confronted them about it via DMs. I will probably message an admin here about it to have their account banned or suspended or whatever they do :melting_face: Hope it was worth it