eBay Announces The eBay Vault!

Secure storage

• The eBay vault is climate-controlled, insured, and protected with 24-hour security.
  • Two-step verification keeps your account and transactions ultra-secure.
  • Items inside the eBay vault are carefully handled by dedicated professionals.

Seamless buying

• Eligible graded cards on eBay can be sent directly to the eBay vault at checkout.
  • Cards already in the eBay vault and listed for sale will have a vault badge on the listing. Buy the card, keep it in the vault, and it’s instantly yours. Or, buy it and have it shipped to you from the vault.
  • Sales taxes will not be charged for items sent to or traded within the eBay vault.*
  • Easily view and manage your eBay vault portfolio with the eBay Collection beta tool.

*Owners are responsible for remitting applicable taxes upon withdrawal. When you sell or purchase a card that is shipped from the eBay vault, eBay will collect sales taxes as required.

Hassle-free selling

• Enjoy same-day payments and insured shipping, all handled for you by eBay.
  • It’s easy to sell from the eBay vault with high-quality images and pre-populated listings.

Built-in trust

• Everything stored in the eBay vault is backed by Authenticity Guarantee, so you can be sure it’s genuine.
  • Independent professionals inspect and document every card before it’s shipped to the eBay vault.

ebay.us/ItZjsx

Sounds like it has similar tax benefits to the PWCC vault. Thoughts?

1 Like

Sounds like it’s just a PWCC Vault clone. Whether or not I’ll use it over PWCC Vault will entirely depend on the fee structure.

As an aside, the launch of this could maybe provide more insight into why PWCC was kicked off the platform in the first place. The appearance is that eBay decided to handicap their (soon-to-be) direct competitor. Just speculation on my part; I have no real evidence to back up this suspicion.

20 Likes

Damn, eBay done them real dirty

4 Likes

Most people who want to use the vault probably have a pwcc vault by now. If the ebay vault helps me feel less worried about shipping expensive stuff to low feedback buyers I’m all for it. I wish ebay would do something like the cgc authenticity guarentee but for high value sales through a middleman. I’d be more willing to ship expensive stuff if I knew it was going to a middleman and not a stranger who could hose me

1 Like

Very exciting as a tool to sell and buy. As someone living in a country that renews 25% VAT-eligibility once the item has been overseas for more than 1 year, I have absolutely zero interest in it beyond that.

To the surprise of no-one, there are mentions of eBay grading in the promotional video.

2 Likes

Lol pwcc homepage says " the original trading card vault" already

22 Likes

I’m interested in eBay’s rendition of the vault. Even if its the same cost and security, I’m more confident that eBay can do two things better:

1. Better insurance. Without public financials, how can I know that PWCC has the Balance Sheet to pay for uncovered insurance losses? And the muscle to maximize their insurance payout if something happens at a vault? I think eBay has the muscle to maximize FMV for insurance.

2. How is PWCC Owned? Is Brent the owner and manager? What if he sells and another owner takes over? eBay’s public nature makes me more confident it will remain fairly consistent.

We shall see.

5 Likes

eBay just straight up wins in regards to exposure for anything that does not fall in PWCC’s premier category for sure, so it’ll be interesting to see things play out.
Imo not only has PWCC been too slow in adding features on their website that made their eBay model work, or in making the website more appealing / easy to use overall, with stuff like the buyer’s premium they actually moved away from what I think most casual Pokemon buyers and sellers look for.
This has been a long time coming ever since eBay kicked PWCC off.

6 Likes

I’m curious, if I store and sell something in eBay’s vault, will they ship international like PWCC does? As of now, the eBay GSP is capped at $2500 so are they making an exception for eBay vault items?

2 Likes

I love PWCC and the vault model they built but all things being equal, I’d use the ebay vault instead simply because it’s less steps to the bigger marketplace.
It’s kind of evil but also that’s just how capitalism works.

12 Likes

I’m not seeing anything about cost.

PWCC is free to store in the vault. I also just use my PWCC vault high-res pictures to create an eBay listing for cards I want to sell.

Unless eBay will ship cards I sell to the buyer from the EBay vault free of charge, this doesn’t really make a difference for me personally. I will continue to vault with PWCC. If for no other reason than customer service, which has always been superior to eBay IME.

If eBay keeps its current fee structure in place for sellers, then I as a seller will save a significant amount using their vault service over PWCC especially on 5 figure items

2 Likes

I will be happy to leave PWCC after they added the 20% BP.

Bye bye

5 Likes

Just waiting for ebay to completely fuck up the first transaction sold from the vault to a 1 feedback buyer with the dreaded INAD coming and for the 1 feedback buyer to send a common bulk back to the vault instead of the card purchased.

4 Likes

I would hope if eBay was shipping from the vault, then INAD would be a thing of the past

4 Likes

Will be interested to see the shipping cost to the UK from the vault. Sending several cards to the PWCC vault just to sit until I have a few to send to the UK has been a good way of keeping shipping costs down so i’m excited to see if ebay will be able to provide a cheaper shipping cost.

1 Like

Yes we all hope so.

1 Like

This will be very interesting to see! INAD is basically a thing of the past with GSP. Ebay completely handles all INAD or INR cases. I’ve never had to do anything or pay out out pocket.

3 Likes

We need a system like that for sales over 5k. USPS wont insure above 5k

I don’t know if this is possible.
But I would like to know if you can let PSA send your graded cards directly to ANY vault in the USA?

That would be interesting for sure.