eBay Vault is Open

ebay.us/ItZjsx

What do you all think?

1 Like

If that image is actually how they store cards then they are going to need a ton of land :blush:

On a serious note, here’s the initial list of items you can send which is pretty minimal compared to the other services already out there:

Also, I can’t believe this is actually a “frequently” asked question. What a time to be alive :grin:

5 Likes

Ebay vault is open, my legs are closed

2 Likes

“eBay waives selling fees, including final value fees, for items that are stored in the eBay vault. That means that once you have an item in the eBay vault, you can sell it without paying any sales fees.”

That sounds pretty good to me! Or will there be an 20% buyer premium in the future?

Edit:

A so sort of…

For the seller: “eBay waives selling fees, including final value fees, for items that are stored in the eBay vault. That means that once you have an item in the eBay vault, you can sell it without paying any sales fees.”

For the buyer: “When an item in the eBay vault is sold, we charge the buyer an instant transfer fee. This fee is calculated as 3% of the last purchase price of the item. The eBay vault instant transfer fee will be waived through 2022.”

And

“eBay waives selling fees, including final value fees, for items that are stored in the eBay vault. That means that once you have an item in the eBay vault, you can sell it without paying any sales fees.”

3 Likes

Funny how this news comes out, and all of a sudden PWCC decides to reappraise and increase the insured value of my highest value cards in their vault, so my withdrawal fees goes up?

I was about to send off good chunk of my collection to PWCC. I’m glad I’ve been procrastinating. I’ll definitely be waiting to see how the eBay vault turns out.

bye pwcc

Cant wait until they open this for slabs of all value and you can direct submit.

Also I cant sign up

Sorry, something went wrong and we weren’t able to finish enrolling you in the eBay vault. Please try again later.

3 Likes

That would be awesome, definitely seems like the restrictions are higher because they’re just launching.

International accounts probably can’t register yet?

Nothing in my vault has changed

1 Like

Am I the only one that finds this picture of a Hollywood-spec showy vault room hilarious? I imagine that the actual storage is extremely drab and boring.

I thought every slabbed card got its own lit glass display case

3 Likes

Rough

4 Likes

Seems like they are setting the stage for the only economical way to get your cards out of the ebay vault is to sell them on eBay.

1 Like

$50 for each ($1000+) card withdrawal. eBay gets to keep the card, you get the nft :wink:

Someone jot down the pwcc vault total card numbers and keep an eye on the drop rate.

Indeed

wonder if this will pave the way for cards to be nfts, i saw another NFT company doing something similar - smart for ebay to follow suite

1 Like