Droripory's collection

Hello,

so i’m quite new here but its long time overdue.

a bit about myself, im an israeli 33 years old and living my life in thailand for the past 10 years. i was born on december 1989 and so i got to be quite big for the craze that was the 90’s and pokemon all together.

as most people, when i got about to mid high school my interest with pokemon waned as “it wasn’t cool anymore”.

i always wanted to collect and never got to really start until a few months back.

watching a lot and reading content i learned about japanese promo cards which i really like but also english and i expanded to collect all kind of pokemon related stuff.
i do not have a specific goal/theme but the main theme is vintage not beyond the 251’st and not above the last neo set except for specific exceptions as i do not enjoy the new cards look all those ex’s which i have no clue and i do not like the designs beyond the first 251 pokemon.

i will update this topic as i get new things as there are a lot on the way.

that said we start with my indigo league VHS collection :slight_smile:

9 Likes

sealed tcg related stuff

8 Likes

graded pokemon games

10 Likes

graded magazines/manga

9 Likes

here we have a few ungraded guide books for the games
viz first and pretty rare release of the indigo league including the banned jynx episodes
also i have 12-13 coro coro magazines depicting pokemon on the years 1996-2001.
all the magazines are in great condition to their age still with the promo card unpeeled/stickers and i took the time to take photos of some of the pages.

there is also the fan art pokemon book and the rare pokedex book from japan

11 Likes

last but not least, my current card collection which is growing and i have about another 100 graded ones on the way to me which i will update on when they arrive.

17 Likes

This collection is awesome! I always love seeing more than cards. How have you gone about collecting throughout the years?

i just started before not long but always saw videos/read and such just there was always something in life and then i decided that im 33 and it’s now or never.
the idea for the coro coro magazines came from doagsu backpack when i saw him having pictures of the old issues depicting the card /game boy games and decided i want them. they were extremly hard to aquire and it took a few good months for my contact to find them. for the vhs’s i just saw a graded one, one day on ebay and thought it would be cool to have. i remember being younger my dad would take me to eat dinner in a shopping mall every friday and then me taking him to toys r us to buy me one vhs

1 Like

Super awesome collection thread. The various media that you have collected over the years is so amazing. From your cards, I saw a couple of very big hitters with the Grand Party Promo and the Eevee fan club Promo.

Looking forward to more of your posts. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Cheers!

1 Like

thank you, there will deff be more updates soon enough :slight_smile:

Really great collection :star_struck: the original sticker prices on old items are a such a neat touch in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing what else you add in :grin:

1 Like

Great collection! Can’t wait to see it grow.

Wow, those official strategy guides really bring me back to childhood. My brain was too smooth to complete games without a little help. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Welcome @droripory I have some of those very things! Ha ha. Not graded and looking so nice.

1 Like

The graded VHS tapes are especially cool

1 Like

thank you good sir i think so as well :slight_smile:

i wish i could grade the coro coro magazines and capsulate them but they are too thick for cgc unfourtently. i do keep them in ziplock bags to preserve them as much as possible

just arrived today in the mail. authentic posters framed with glass
hanged them up the wall :slight_smile:

8 Likes

just arrived today

14 Likes

Those are some AMAZING cards right there! Well done on the dream porygon! And some other wonderful gems in there like trainer mag slows! Bunch of komiya, reverses, web, vending, other pory’s (of my similar taste :wink: ).

All the notes were hit on the staff! What a haul! Amazing. You must be on cloud 9.

7 Likes

thank you mate i am indeed my friend and the fan club porygon can now join my fan club eevee. i do not have a preffered vintage set so i collect all vintage including japanese and japanese promos :slight_smile:

1 Like