Does the holiday season drive better deals on the buying or selling of cards? [POLL]

I’ve seen mixed opinions on what the holiday season really is like for buying and selling.

Your opinion as a seller:

• Sales slow down
  • Sales pick up
  • Sales stay the same

0 voters

Your opinion as a buyer:

• Prices are higher than normal
  • Prices are lower than normal
  • Prices are the same

0 voters

Your opinion on availability:

• There are more cards available
  • There are less cards available
  • No difference in cards available

0 voters

2 Likes

This is 50% of facebook buyers right now:

2 Likes

The comment that sparked this thread :joy:

3 Likes

im not sure if it drives better deals per se, but i think holidays typically = higher sales volume? idk im seeing some things have higher prices, and some cards being more available than others.

I think Xmas is just another convenient excuse for people whose kids are rampantly buying cards on their eBay accounts lmao

Well the rest of my cards are available for the holiday season for around market price give or take. Everything has been selling fast but I have amazing cards available. Predicting to be finished by the end of the month or so. Mid next month at the latest :blush: if you see me on eBay definitely send a message here or on Instagram and good luck to everyone and hope everyone has a good Christmas this year

I find this time of year one of the best times as a buyer. It seems most people are focused on Christmas and holiday related purchases outside of Pokemon cards, and therefore people aren’t usually dropping big money on Pokemon compared to other times of the year. It really depends though, but I’ve always gotten some good deals in the last months of the year leading up to this time.

Conversely, I find selling cards after tax season is also pretty favourable compared to other times in the year.

3 Likes

It really depends on the item. I just sold 55 boxes of vstar universe in less than 24 hours. But my more niche graded cards don’t receive as much attention. I also am not the best at updating listings so that might be a factor.

Regardless, auctions are the main event right now. I haven’t noticed a decrease at all for any month with auctions. Basically I don’t think there is as strong of a seasonal correlation.

3 Likes

I did find it interesting that you mentioned on patreon a video or two ago that you see in increase in sales on “themed” cards around holidays. Gengar for Halloween, etc.

1 Like

Historically, I’ve seen auction numbers pick up around the holidays. Sellers may want to offload as much product as possible for tax purposes before the new year.

3 Likes

Sales have been picking up over the last couple weeks for me including a decent amount of low feedback and guest accounts buying stuff with 0 negotiation. From this tiny sample size we can clearly conclude that there are droves of less experienced buyers now buying graded cards for their infant children for Christmas.

2 Likes