Selling during Christmas

I’m thinking of sending a few slabs to TCA for consignment today. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience on whether selling during Christmas or this time would result in higher or lower sales for an eBay auction? Thank you!

General thoughts:

• more people will have down time during the holidays, so might have more watchers
  • some people spent all their extra cash during the holidays
3 Likes

I do e-commerce and yes sales are highest this time of year, but you’re really cutting it close. They taper off near the end of the month and nosedive in January. I believe early months of the year are the worst time to sell anything online outside of the summer, at least in my experience.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Would figure there would be less cash available during holidays (people buying gifts) and way more after in January after they’ve received cash gifts, gift cards etc

1 Like

In my experience people buy gifts for themselves during December as well lol. People do receive money but there isn’t much spending in January, I think people usually get gift cards rather than cash. And even if they do get cash they usually want to keep it to make up for spending in December.

Here’s a chart that shows average spending by month.

4 Likes

From my perspective as a kid growing up, Christmas time was always the best time of the year because my parents went and spent money on presents (i mean Santa). However, once January rolled around, it was “barebones” if you will. I think this is generally the case for most people. Spend lots of money in November/December and then spend little for the first couple months of the new year.

I figure sellers do well in the fall/early winter months and whenever there is particular surge in hype and popularity for Pokemon

1 Like