Does anybody collect One Piece cards?

I collect Simplified Chinese One Piece cards!

4 Likes

Wow I checked your instagram and saw you have a serialized Luffy! Those manga rares are spicy as well!

Where do you buy the simplified Chinese One Piece cards? I haven’t seen any for sale besides the Chinese New Year Luffy promos on ebay. Do you know how popular these cards are in the region? Is there a good place to buy simplified Chinese singles (I mainly want to see if I could buy some of the parallels and manga rares for less than the en/jpn versions). Are there any other Chinese exclusives beside the Chinese New Year one?

1 Like

The Simplified Chinese version of OnePiece is only available in mainland China. I bought it from my Chinese middleman and the price was much cheaper than Jp/Eng. There are currently no other unique promos, but I could be wrong.

Yes!! I really wanted a romance dawn booster box but they were too expensive :cry:

I plan to pick up some more promos and probably build set binders as well. I also would really like to play!

I started reading One Piece in January and so far its been great. The world of one piece is incredible. Only on volume 63 currently, had to take a break after blasting through like 20 volumes in a few days lol

3 Likes

That gift set is awesome. I really like the first appearance panel in the background for each crewmate. I gotta pick up the Nami as a single. I came into One Piece too late to grab the box at retail.

2 Likes

I also think this nami card is so cool, the art style is so interesting and different

3 Likes

Admittedly I haven’t had much interest in One Piece, but seeing these sowsow arts has me reconsidering! These are great!

1 Like

Some of the One Piece cards from my last ZenMarket Box.

The Yamato promo is so good.

Always buying the 25th files since they are super cheap.

Love the older Visual Adventures cards and some of the Hyper Battle cards, like the fireworks S101, are really nice so I am buying more of them.

6 Likes

Anyone share my sentiment and opinion that One Piece manga foil chase cards are overpriced and overvalued? Or everyone just readily accept the prices just becos it’s One Piece? Must be some groups behind hyping the prices up.

Yes they are hard to pull but remember these are set cards, total pop would be thousands each definitely. Artwork wise, it is kind of a flat 2D cartoonish drawing without any texture. Only the background foil makes it nice to look at - and anything surely looks nice with a foil/holo background! It’s a sure please-the-crowd formula!

I would not pay more than $300 for any of these manga foils and I finds it ri-donk-culous and silly that the Luffy one reached US$4,000+! I would get the Ace one for sentiment sake but only at US$200.

1 Like

Anything posted by me is bait to you, whether I’m praising a card or speaking truths about a card. :man_facepalming:

Anyone share my sentiment and opinion that Moonbreon is overpriced and overvalued? Or everyone just readily accept the prices just becos it’s Umbreon? Must be some groups behind hyping the prices up.

Yes they are hard to pull but remember these are set cards, total pop would be thousands each definitely.

10 Likes

I doubt its this. One Piece is just “the thing” now. I could see the prices going down, but I think thatd be because something newer and more exciting comes out and or more product is printed for specific sets. Population isnt the only thing dictating price. There are other modern cards with seemingly infinite amount of copies, yet they are priced many times more than older, rarer, scarcer cards.

Yep exact same thoughts …

1 Like

I’m surprised it reached $4000+ when the Oda signature Luffy exists in the same set and is hovering around $2000.

1 Like

Love One Piece! I collect the Chinese Simplified Language

4 Likes

Ive been getting rly into reading one piece this year and wanted to pick up some cards and maybe even build a deck but its just way too crazy rn

Do you happen to know if the pull rates for the simplified Chinese boxes are the same as the Japanese boxes? I’ve been watching videos on bilibili but I still can’t quite tell. I saw a guy pull an 4 SRs, AA koala and a Manga Luffy from 1 box. The Japanese boxes seem to be around 1 AA/SEC per box.

I’ve been seeing Chinese OP-05 boxes for ~$68/box on ebay, is that around what you pay? If you pay less would you mind sharing that middle man with me :sweat_smile:

Sounds like Bandai announced reprints of previous sets at Nationals. Players/Collectors seem to be elated. Investors, not so much.

1 Like

Don’t know anything about the manga/anime it is based on but the card art looks great.

If you looked at just art, a lot of TCGs have great art and on the other you have the now defunct investobro project Metazoo. World of difference.