Does anybody collect One Piece cards?

Does anybody here collect One Piece cards? I was only able to get a single box of Romance Dawn for under $100 when it first came out. I bought only one box because I wasn’t sure if this game would get popular at all. Fortunately and unfortunately it seems like it’s popularity keeps climbing rapidly.

I think Bandai been killing it with unique looking cards. The artwork on basic cards are beautiful, but the parallels looks absolutely stunning sometimes.

Personally, I’ve just been collecting characters I like that have unique looking cards. Unfortunately, Luffy is one of my favorite characters, that’s like being a Pikachu collector lol. So I’m probably going to break the bank and spend $1000+ on this when this comes out in english:

I also bought 5 copies of this one:

I feel this one is super slept on and bought 6 of them:

I’m definitely going to get one of these Buggys when it comes out as well:

One of my collection favorites that I do not think will ever be worth much is this scary whitebeard card:

The card of my dreams would be a Nico Robin illustrated by Oda, similar to that first Luffy. I dislike the thirsty style art on some of the cards of female characters, so I hope whenever Nico Robin gets a high rarity card it’s tasteful. I’m hoping for a card with Robin as a child with Ohara behind her.

I’d like for there to be an ETR (Emotional Trauma Rare) that have more artistic renderings of some of the most emotional moments and moments that never happened but we wish could have happened like: Spoilers up to ch.1096: Luffy giving young Kuma a hug, Robin playing with her mom, Luffy, Ace, and Sabo seeing Dadan again as adults, Nami and Bellemere together as adults, Koala meeting Fisher Tiger as an adult

The characters I’ve been going for are my favorites so: Robin, Ussop, Luffy, Bon Clay, Buggy, Whitebeard, Kuma, and Fujitora. It’s getting pretty pricey.

What are you collecting? What are your chase cards? What cards do you wish existed? Who are your favorite characters?

6 Likes

Been collecting them for a few months. Really want to get as many Luffy as I can but I’m also collecting any others that really catch my eye. The art is fantastic. I’m really impressed with the Parallel art cards.

I’m only buying Japanese right now. Only singles and no boxes. Feel like it’d be too easy to reseal Japanese boxes so I’m just avoiding them altogether.

It’s tough buying both Pokemon and One Piece. Some months I just buy one and ignore the other cause I can’t afford both.

Some cards I’m buying lots of duplicates. I must have 100 copies of the 25th Anniversary Luffy by now. Looking forward to the future of this TCG.

1 Like

I just recently started opening One Piece packs with OP 04 in English. I really like the different illustrators on display like in Pokemon. This Zoro from OP 04 was one of my first One Piece pulls from his fight against Mr. 1 in Alabasta.

It is by Akira Egawa who also does work in Pokemon so that was a cool connection to make. Aside from Akira Egawa, I know sowsow has done a handful of cards for One Piece too.

My favorite cards also happen to be manga illustrations on the DON!! cards. This Vivi is one of my favorite moments in the manga.

The One Piece TCG is really fun as a fan and I am excited to see the way future sets go.

2 Likes

I’m still yet to find a single pack in any stores around me. Seems to be insantly bought up since it came out. I have one of the Japanese Gear 5 promos, but want to get some more. OP has sone insane artworks.

That Buggy card is amazing, never seen it yet! Definitely will be getting it if its not something crazy expensive.

Planning on getting a lot of op-05! op-01 first print are at 1k$ currently, too much to for me to collect more of that set

Woah! I haven’t been paying attention to the names of the artists that work on One Piece cards. Arceus Vstar (Akira Egawa) is one of my favorite modern card artworks. I would have never made that connection if you didn’t point that out.

Akira Egawa has a decent amount of Parallels. I know they have a Zoro, Luffy, Lucci, Law, and Mihawk. Maybe more.

Here are some SowSow one piece cards. Again maybe a few more, but I know of these ones off the top of my head.

3 Likes

Sowsow is great especially for cute characters like Uta and Mansherry. Is the Jinbe a promo? I’d love to pick one up.

Also these sowsow cards are very nice.

3 Likes

Most definitely! I just pulled this today.

6 Likes

I love the art and was blown away when a friend was showing me their pulls.

I bought more than a few handfuls of this card. Pictures don’t do it justice

2 Likes

What i currently have from OP

4 Likes

Yeah the Jinbe is a promo. In Japanese it’s non-holo and you can pick them up for a few dollars each. In English it’s holo and around $40.

Yes! Such a great card.

5 Likes

That’s so nice!!

This is the leader card for starter deck 12. I can’t wait to see more Tag Team cards! I’d kill for a Robin & Chopper or Luffy & Bon Clay or Ginny & Kuma lol I’ll stop there or I’ll spend the rest of my day listing team ups.

I’ve never seen an episode or read one volume of the manga before and therefore I don’t have that personal connection fans do, but I really appreciate the range of art and artists involved so far. This is an amazing card with incredible artwork and have gotten a handful of them so far.

3 Likes

Definitely but only my fave character’s cards… Ace

It’s pretty popular here in Italy and within my friends. It seems like everyone loves and read one piece.
I’ve never started to collect them though, since I personally like only few spare characters and arts, like that Buggy D. Clown (lol) or Zoro, that I’ll eventually pick.

Overall I think it’s a really nice and beautiful tcg to enjoy, especially considering that those “anime based tcgs” feel different than the usual pokemon, yugioh, mtg. So it’s surely worth a try.

2 Likes

Come Join Us GIFs | Tenor
Never a better time than right now to start reading One Piece :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Sent this for grading because she looks so cute

2 Likes