Do not buy from the Pokémon centre as they will refuse to refund if you return an order

I returned an order to the Pokémon centre they received back 20/11/23
Several weeks later they refuse to refund me.

Agents even pretend they can’t speak English to avoid providing my refund.

I have asked for the details of there ombudsman to claim my money back that way which is my legal right at this stage and they refuse to provide it.

They will not tell me anyway to speak with a supervisor or manager.
They have basically stolen my money and are refusing to refund my order because they clearly don’t like returns.

if anyone at the Pokémon centre reads this please respond, but for everyone else I would advise not purchasing your Pokémon cards from the Pokémon centre unless your willing to lose your money if you return an order.

1 Like

This stinks, and I’m not defending their policy, but what exactly were you returning? Many TCG products are final sale and this is listed on the item page. Did they agree to a return and then just not refund you, or did you mail the items back without communicating with them?

2 Likes

If you returned it and it was sealed then you can dispute with your credit issuer. Keep in mind they might black list you (not just your card) from their website for violating their store policy or whatever.

Hopefully it wasn’t expensive!

They agreed to the return.
We’re all unopened.
Even got email stating they received order back 20/11/23
Since then I have contacted almost everyday until they disabled my accounts support so can’t even contact them now.
Order was over £500 so guess they just don’t want to refund high value orders.
Am hoping someone at the Pokémon centre higher than a live chat agent sees this and responds to provide a resolution

Gotta ask, why did you spend 500 of any currency on Pokémon Center then wanted to return it?

1 Like

Was mostly Scarlet and Violet so no longer needed.

Since trading cards are final sale, I am guessing one employee made a mistake and said you could return them. Their policy states you can’t return them

5 Likes

Is there anything like the BBB (in the US) in your country? I’ve never had to file a complaint with the BBB, but I heard it can do wonders here in the states.

Also, this forum has no direct ties to The Pokemon Company, so it’s unlikely any complaint here will be relayed to or seen by the Pokemon Center.

The situation sucks, but I hope you do get some favorable resolution.

Not overly helpful for your situation but this post on reddit also suggests that the best way to help pokemon center to fulfill their customer service agreements is to get other governing bodies involved. This one got their consumer affairs office involved.

After waiting two years tpci finally sent me my replacement

what would you report to bbb? somebody bought something that you can’t return and they want to return it?

2 Likes

This screams of trying to buy at MSRP to flip, then realize they are worth 1/2 MSRP and are now holding heavy bags.

11 Likes

I’m curious to know exactly what you ordered.
Did you return everything?

On the UK website, it seems you have 30 days (as is standard in the UK), as long as everything is in original condition. They also say that sometimes you have to return any bonus items (such as promos) included in the order.

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/en-gb/return-policy

Hope you can get it sorted though

Regardless of whether their official policy is to not allow returns, an employee of theirs okayed the return. And the OP followed through on the open return case and returned said items. Seems a bit anti-consumer to now say, “Well, sucks for you. You don’t get anything now.”

If he tried to return items and was denied or just returned to sender without contacting the Pokemon Center first, sure, that’s on the OP. But this case is different.

2 Likes

Well if it makes you feel any better i use to order from them all the time spent alot almost every month …first problem i had was i ordered 2 boxes of the booster bundles …first the package was soaked and had a hole in the box on the inside but not the ouside …1 box of booster bundles fine …the other destroyed and full of water i contacted them and they said best they could do is if i sent them pictures of each card they could give me store credit or something for i told them id happily send it all back but they would not let me do that …i complained to the postal in case it was them they said they put it in the box it was in bc they noticed the original box was damaged i thought that weird …then issue number 2 was the grey hat pikachu stuff other then the usual problem everyone had when they did the resend to certain people that were supposed to get it and didnt …i got a Christmas thing not that card and they told me sorry bc they were over sold … then issue number 3 i did a few pre orders all at once and bc of trouble i had before they gave me a coupon for a percentage off well it did it fine at first but when time came it cancled the original order woth the discount then recharged me full price …they said it was bc the first charge wasnt a charge that was just to make sure it was a valid …so verifying pretty much… then when i explained about the discount and what not he explained to me how sorry he was and gave me another code for a discount no where near the same amount!!!
Ps. Sorry about grammatical errors i am a slightly disabled tryin to type this on a phone!!!

Or plain out wanna buy something from someone that only cares about money now

I wonder that even if they made a mistake of accepting the return they cannot follow through with refunding anyway. OP was clearly not looking for a replacement either

1 Like

What do you mean by, “no longer needed?”

20 Likes

This thread is just convincing me that no store should take returns on anything for any reason. Short of issues with the product that are outside the buyer’s control I guess. You don’t want or need the thing anymore? Not the store’s problem.

1 Like

If everything can be returned the market price adjusts accordingly. If nothing can be returned the market price adjusts accordingly. It’s more a case of what feels better as a society. Screw you and lump it or the opposite. The UK took it’s view ages ago.

Funny enough, Google search really picked up this thread. It got 1.8k views in the short time it’s been up which is pretty exceptional.

I think in this case, even if it was seen by someone at TPCi, I doubt they will would care.

5 Likes