Well I got hosed from walmart, oh well, anyone get hosed?

So got a few packs from walmart and I think think I got shafted. I’ve purchased about 30-40 packs total since I started collecting. That being said in my last haul I opened the card board holder and the pack was open with only 9 cards total. So no game card and no special card. Has anyone else had anything like this happen from a big box store?

No that hasn’t happened to me. Maybe you could try taking it back and explaining what happened. Maybe they can do something about it. If not contact Pokemon and maybe they can do something about it (this is of course if it was not a third party packaged.)

Ive never experienced that problem. Sorry to hear that!

Take it back and you should be fine, Let them know what happened and that its common for people to steal tcg stuff from those places. Luckily american customer service is better than most, so you shouldn’t have a problem.

I was considering taking it back but no idea where the receipt is. I usually buy a few packs here and there then open them all at once. It’s not the end of the world but I’ll be more careful next time or just wait and buy a sealed box at a time.

Walmart sometimes offers refunds even if you have no receipt… but even if they don’t, you should still let them know about the situation next time you pay them a visit. It’s actually more common than you think tbh. I saw a video on youtube about the exact same case last month.

If not a refund, then a store credit.

Maybe another card board holder and the pack was open with only 9 cards total. So no game card and no special card.

This is what Target told me when I got a tampered item:

"Hi - We understand your disappointment with the collectible trading cards. Per our return policy, open or defective collectibles (e.g., sports cards, special edition Barbie dolls, porcelain dolls, action figures and die-cast cars) cannot be returned. We apologize, but we won’t be able to help with a return or exchange. Thanks. - Karen "

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=huj37o&s=9

they refused to refund, I printed off this reply and pasted it all over their store.

I’ve seen situations where the collection boxes were resealed and items were replaced with different promos or packs, things like that, but never the individual booster packs before. I tend not to buy the booster packs because I get even worse pulls in those than in the boxes.

The problem is there’s just as many people as OP getting ripped off and asking a refund, then there are scammers returning items they have tampered… I don’t agree with the policy, but maybe don,t ask on twitter? lol Go to the store and get the situation sorted.

Unless you bought online?

@ecruteak OP bought blister packs. He did mention cardboard… Most likely reglued.

Buy another pack, keep the receipt, go back a few days later and return the tampered pack and present new receipt. All good.

1 Like