Scammed by TPCI???

Hopefully this is not the case. I bought two ETBs as well.

These are massed produced items, mistakes will happen. “Scammed” is a strange choice of words. You were scammed out of 50c holos? You’ve already done the correct thing of reaching out to the company, just wait for their reply

14 Likes

I too recieved 1 pack of CP with no holo rare! it had an extra uncommon card in the rare slot, just 1 pack in a Hattrene box, the other 3 were fine.

My case is in a different galaxy than yours because I purchased my booster packs loose, not in an ETB. However, each pack was missing a rare and a reverse holo, it was obviously resealed. Once again, different situation on my hands, but found it ironic that this happened to you around the same time this happened to me.

2 Likes

I’m not saying you arent entitled to a refund or replacement, I’m just questioning the hyperbole given that its basically a case of bad luck and you didn’t even give them the time to rectify the situation.

Having someone tamper and sell a base set pack is so far removed from this situation

5 Likes

I have opened up a couple of packs without a holo, but never a whole box.

Whats more likely. A factory error or someone resealing brand new etbs before shipping them out officially from pokemon center

1 Like

Has anyone else gone through theirs yet? I’m debating opening mine against my original intentions–even if it’s just to verify that at least the promo and sleeves are in there.

Even though the Pokemon Center page clearly states the only pack “guarantee” is “10 cards and 1 basic energy,” I’m tempted to just open these boxes as I, too, would not want to sell them down the road and get a return accusing me of a reseal. It would not be the first time, nor the last, a company decides to sell or discount a run of product if known QC issues existed within a production run. I would hope and expect there would perhaps be, at worst, proportionately imbalanced packs or ETBs vs. an intentional holo short of a quantity of packs due to not enough product availability during assembly. For me, avoiding a return and disappointed buyer if I decide to sell these later (and they decide to open them) is the only part of the OP that has me a little concerned.

Sorry that this happened to you. I had a similar situation. I bought two Champions Path ETBs directly from Amazon. They both appeared to be resealed and neither had the Charizard V promo card in. I reached out and got a refund.