Did you receive "opened" Booster Packs? May be error?

Recently opened some Hidden Fates Pokeballs.

I noticed the first one was fantastic from location A. Went to another gamestop (B) to purchase another pokeball.

It was very questionable 2nd ball. By that, I mean I pulled nothing. It came with 10 booster packs, 2 of maybe 6 holos i found were energy holo cards. I got an Evee, and quagsire, vaporean, or trainers. There is supposed to be 2 rare/holos in each pack. I opened 3 packs that consisted of common card, and the rare wasn’t shiny in place of two rares. Still consisted of 11 cards.

Pretty much, I did not receive any GX card in this great pokeball, aside from the one on the outside of the box. This was big surprise (OR NOT) as one of the pokeballs had 5-7 GX (no zard, but Espeon and Reshiram gx were in there)

I have read some concerned feedback that suggests resellers of booster packs are the culprit. That may not be the case. The ones I purchased from gamestop were shrink wrapped and tagged after with the $49.99 logo (actually 20% off until end of tomorrow). Some booster packs had a slit cut at the end (could imply tampering) - but really, it is super hard to open these booster packs without ruining it, and then ‘resealing it’.

I think it goes back to someone at the poke factory, likely error in their packaging of boxes. I’m not implying someone is tampering with the boxes, but the Quality Control (QC) is random. Has anyone else noticed something like this?

I think it’s a factory problem. I’ve opened hidden fates products from factory cases and have seen it first hand. I’ve read tons of reviews with people claiming they received resealed product, even from product directly sold by Amazon. You’ll see these reviews literally everywhere from the top reseller websites as well. The amount of reviews claiming resealed product specifically about hidden fates products is outrageous when compared to other sets. Could be that they were in such a rush to get more Hidden Fates out that the quality control was sacrificed.

5 Likes

Does seem to be from factory issue vs re sellers. @pokemonrevolution

While I do believe there could have been a possible factory error somewhere along the lines as @pokemonrevolution, stated, there also too was resealed product which Ive seen first hand and in large volumes as well (Many ETBs in targets by me were resealed and purchased clearly missing the promo, ball collections missing them and even missing a pack or two, glue on packs to seal them up etc). I can vouch though that I did grab a tin from a distributer himself and I had that issue with missing rares, but in the end I still ended up pulling a full art cynthia card so i figured maybe something else was up. Regardless though, im going to shoot that both are possible outcomes and each would make sense in their own way (with the high demand factor followed by people really trying to scam from the best cards) but I myself am not certain for sure. Id love to look more into the factory error aspect though

Hm if it is clearly tampered with glue then that’s another issue. As I was opening packs, I was considering how much actual work it was to disguise a resealed package, and considered that it’s super hard to repackage once opened. I may have opened mine a bit ‘tougher’ then others but it seemed really unlikely large re sellers go through the effort of repackaging.

That’s pretty cool you pulled a Cynthia FA card. I was like okay, I’m cool with 3 packs missing a rare, and 2 holos are energy cards if I find this SV49 but did not get anything worth mention. Anyhow, its likely random.

Yeah the tampered ones I encountered were very noticeable and Ive known others who actaully bought the product and showed me and you could tell the packs were tampered, however the ones in my tin I knew werent just because of how the packs themselves were sealed. Its a ton of work to reseal product but people do just to make that quick buck and hidden fates really drew crowds with that Charizard card. But ya I did get lucky with my pull there haha.
Honestly if looking to buy any hidden fates stuff, id say buy some product only for fun, but If you want the Zard, buy it online somewhere. I went nuts in buying it all just because i wanted so bad to pull one, but the money spent and time into it just wasnt worth the hassle. I just got pulled into the hype, and now I have way too much of it to where I have 2 full master sets and 5 zards, but if I just waited it out and bought online I would have saved lots of time and money. Just felt I should add that too if that could maybe help ya as well

1 Like

@dizzle24 , dude i just want to pull 1 zard. I bought one and am still waiting to unravel one. I have 3 more pokeballs coming on Tuesday and if I don’t pull one, i’m buying a “newly fresh pulled”

Are you saying you unraveled 5 zards recently?

There are no zards in the next expansion. Consider yourself Lucky. Lol

No no it wasnt recently, but over the time it was released until mid december haha. But yeah I did pull them all but after a lot of packs. Like, too many. My first one I got after 10+ ETBs and 20+ tins, and for what I spent I wouldnt do it again lol. After that I bought even more than that, but the rate is so low in getting one that its so much easier to buy it raw and grade it, or even just buy a graded copy as they are dropping in price little by little. But mainly I just wanted to make mention of that as to save you that money if you were going deep into seeking it when you could get something more valuable for the money while still being able to buy the card raw for that same value. And ya no zard for the one haha but Im just looking forward to that set for playable cards, as the trainers are INSANE for playing and now we can see less and less power from the same standard meta decks out there. Getting a gold Zacian would be sweet though!

But I will say it is probably my favorite Charizard of all time now haha. The art is just really gorgeous!

1 Like

Dude are you seriously saying you pulled 5 zards?

I am in modern 2020 box buying, I have gone through 2DeluxeCollection Box(100ea), 15Tins(20ishea), and 12 pokeballs(50ea) and I am looking for the first Zard. Once these hidden fates settle (gamestop did not allow preorder for this limited edition), the psa grade and ungraded will skyrocket. People think it’s so easy to pull a booster box. So My $1100 = 0 zard pull, and youre saying you spent <$800 and pulled some zard? Get out of here lol

My sweet summer child

3 Likes

Oh the tide has turned in 2020 toward a poke revolution, my umbilical

There’s only one tide here

7 Likes

Did you just create this masterpiece?

I made it a couple days after the set dropped when the first psa 10 was graded in 2 days and sold

perfect use

Quality control may have been sacrificed but beware…Hidden Fates boxes are a favorite for “returns”

It’s much easier to cleanly open a box, pull the packs, reseal, then reseal the box. I’ve bought 2 of the walmart exclusive boxes and turns out they were previously returned…

Box was cleanly resealed but the packs were run through.
I like sticking to the ETB/Tins. Much harder to cheat through the sealed wrap.

Luckily i got my money back.