Popular seller sold me a resealed pack.. Should I let it go?

So I bought a WOTC era pack for my collection awhile back, and when I got it I noticed it was very different from my other WOTC packs. Something was off. The seals were all very wrinkled and it was just overall in poor condition compared to what other users were claiming they received. But obviously I didn’t want to open it.

After awhile curiosity got the best of me. When I opened it there were 12 cards (not 11), and the rare was 6 from the back as opposed to just 1 like normal packs you see opened on YT.

I contacted the guy, and he just doubled down on their legitimacy and his feedback.

Regardless his story, I know my truth - so I’m not sure how to move forward? He has 100% feedback and no complaints of resealing, but how many buyers are actually opening WOTC packs?

I know WOTC had horrible quality control and weirder things have happened, but what are the chances?

Should I let it go and chop it up as bad luck? Warn others of the seller? File a claim?

Thanks for the advice

File a claim. Item doesn’t match description.

I’m shocked you opened it before asking for advice.
I don’t claim to have my finger on the pulse of the E4 membership, but probably 99% of us would have advised you to return it immediately. At this point it’s simply more of a hassle but you should be able to get a refund somehow.

2 Likes

I would have recorded myself opening it to, just so you’re protected

3 Likes

Definitely file a claim since it was not advertised. However, it will be difficult to prove your situation since it wasn’t documented (video showing the pack and you opening it). At this point it will be “he said, she said” situation.

Opening the pack was not really the right move, but I guess you’re covered if it wasn’t too long ago. Maybe see if they’re willing to work with you by issuing a partial refund or something and if they won’t budge just file a claim on Paypal. You have 180 days to get your money back there… ebay is like 30 days iirc.

I’d still give them the benefit of the doubt as it’s possible they bought some loose packs and didn’t double check for possible reseals. If they claim the packs were fresh out of a booster box, it’s a different story… Good luck. Hope you get things sorted. :blush:

It was only $30, so not the most expensive… not my brightest move I guess :grin:

1 Like

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but he does claim they are all unpacked from the display box. He also says he has to remove anti-theft device from each of them! lol I wasn’t aware that any box had those- so his comments contradict himself.

1 Like

Nope… this is just a guy that has been selling A LOT of this expansion pack on ebay. Seems like he has an endless supply.

Realizing that will prevent it from happening to you with a 200.00 pack in the future:)

My first thought was that he bought it from another seller at some point in the past not knowing it was resealed, but if he says he unpacked them straight from the box itself, that’s definitely odd.

When was this? I did buy some from them in December.

That wasn’t collectorscache, that is an ebayer claiming that the packs he sold were tampered with so he wanted to refund the buyer. However, it seems like the seller was just trying to get the packs back as they had gone up in value.

1 Like