Trying to Return Weighed Packs - Dumbest Ebay rep Ever

This is the just of what I was dealing with:

I got this in the mail today. I weighed the packs to verify they were not searched. Not much difference in packs and I tested out the two heaviest. Nothing. This seller sold 3 other 36 Ex Hidden Legends pack lots.

www.ebay.com/itm/131748678567?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i’ll post this in ebay garbage as well but I wanted this here because they supposedly had more items. I knew people might want it and I want to warn.

I had to wait till April 1st to force ebay to escalate since the buyer won’t give me a refund. I am talking/talked to the ebay rep and I told her that holo cards were a 1 in 3 chance. I was trying to prove they were tampered with and I told her that if you take 1/3 chance and multiple it (exponent) to 33 packs. The chance of me not getting 1 holo card in 33 packs is .00000000000000001799 chance. She said "but sir there would still be a chance even if its only 1%. I’m not going to watching my language. This dumb fucking bitch can’t understand %. There is no chance of it being no holos in 33 packs. It’s fucking impossible. She said she needs proof.

I told her I can prove that you can see if there are good cards in the packs without opening. I told her I didn’t open the ohter packs because I know they were tampered wtih. She still said no. I told her I can open them on camera and that will prove there are none. She still says no. I want to beat the shit out of the seller but they are in NJ. I fucking hate these asian/indian call centers. It’s hard to get logic through to them since they don’t speak english. I don’t understand complex shit in spanish so I wouldn’t work in a spanish call center.

I’m waiting on a call back from the supervisor. I’ve had a slight aggressive tone but I’ve kept it kept my frustration above out of it.

1 Like

That made me feel better

1 Like

This is an easy one.
Firstly…
Simply file a claim saying you checked the packs closely and saw they had ALL been cleverly opened so they were not sealed as advertised. Plus, the cards were used and damaged. Then supply a pic showing the openings under the flaps.
You will get a full refund guaranteed.
Secondly…anybody who would buy a lot like that, expecting holos, deserves what they get;)

2 Likes

I appreciate the advice but WTF is supposed to mean by theh deserve what they. You should really check how you respond with that attitude. Theres always a little understanding it could be weighed. Who would expect someone to sell that many weighed packs. There are tons of people selling loose old packs.

I believe a winky face insinuates humour/ sarcasm

While I commend your honesty - there just aren’t enough honest people out there anymore - follow Gary’s advice… Open an “Item not Described” eBay Case against this eBay Seller. Don’t mention anything about the booster packs being weighed (as eBay won’t buy it - as you’ve already realized). Instead, claim the booster packs were re-sealed or somehow tampered with - because truthfully the packs were tampered with.

eBay will rule in your favor - guaranteed! I hope this helps!

1 Like

I agree that no one deserves to be ripped off. But if the odds are 1/3 per box. Even if they were mixed from a thousand boxes. The chances of them being 0 for 33 holo cards that would be 1.7988 to the -17th. That’s more than in in a trillion. The packs look shady and i only relied on the weights for accuracy. The glue comes undone easily and packs seem really dirty. I know other factors can come into play but I know they are tampered with and can prove it.

I think based on what I state I should be able to return it.

It’s like the listing was as ambiguous as the seller could make it. ‘Box is opened but contains 33 unopened packs’. Going by that, assuming he didn’t in a private message say they weren’t weighed, he technically hasn’t done anything wrong as long as you received a box that contained 33 unopened packs. Obviously, the implication is that the packs are from that particular box, but not necessarily.

It’s a really shitty situation though, hopefully you get your money back. Like others have said, you should be able to considering he listed the item as new.

1 Like

I just got a return. The lady didn’t even look at the pictures of the tampered packs.

1 Like

I did message him before asking if they were weighed or searched. I mentioned that above.

:thinking: The wrong part is that the seller didn’t mention they were weighed, when it’s apparent that they did weigh the packs. I understand what you’re saying, but the fact is the seller witheld important information regarding the packs.

Hisoka, just file a claim with PayPal. They allow you to open one literally a day or two after making a purchase, and all you really need to do is file under “Significantly not as described” or something along those lines. By filing with PayPal, the funds from the transaction are automatically witheld from the seller’s account. This might prompt them to become more responsive during the process. You can also escalate it to a dispute immediately after filing, so PayPal looks into the case sooner. Just say in the comment box that the seller sent damaged packs. PayPal never asks you to upload pics as evidence, so you should easily win. I have had to open a few PayPal cases for damaged stuff, and usually just saying the item arrived damaged is good enough to win the case.

Edit: too slow… Lol

1 Like

Too slow but the effort I appreciate.

1 Like

Glad somebody noticed that lol.

sorry that’s my fault for taking that the wrong way. I was pretty angry at the seller I was blinded and took it out on you. Sorry gary

Theres this dude WOWlootsellers or some crap… who sold bw7… Im reall hesitent to get dem, but sounding by feedback looks legit:
www.ebay.com/itm/272115635352

Ever bought from him hisoka? @hisoka107

Isn’t that the guy who Rekt @smpratte?

We all agreed to not buy from him

2 Likes

ID say he’s legit. Not everyone agreed to boycott him. I’d recommend it just because he’s an ass and has horrible customer service.

1 Like

Idk about his packs. But I bought one of the French promo Zards he had after he accepted my offer, and he sent it in a plain white envelope, placed inside a Card Saver and didn’t use a sleeve or cardboard to better protect the card…

Should I risk bidding on his LC packs? I’d still be interested in them for the reverse foil in each pack. If they are loose packs though the reverse holo might be scratched up already anyway.

1 Like

POO!