Old Pokemon blister packs

Anyone have any information about old Pokemon blister packs like base set jungle fossil and is it possible to re seal them and what to look out for was looking to start collection

I’ll get you started with this advice.
Yes, they can be resealed. I’ve seen well done ones.
Buy from high end reputable sellers.

3 Likes

Just remember that if a price for these old boosters is too good to be true, it probably is.
Also, expect every single old booster out there to be weighed previously, so don’t get disappointed if you plan on opening them.

I’d be interested to see how good a fake can look like. Hopefully none of mine are :confused:

I really like blisters… very nostalgic for me and I enjoy collecting them (Base jungle and fossil). When you’re looking to purchase one, just make sure there’s no bends/dents, and I always like to make sure that the glue seal is strong. I’m interested to see the price of jungle/fossil blisters in a few years

I’m new on here does anyone no how to upload pictures was guna show a picture of some of the ones I have purchased

Many of us use imgur.com

This topic comes up quite often about resealing. There’s always claims it can be done but no examples or further information offered.

My advice is if the plastic seal is 100% transparent with no blemishes, chances are it’s good to go. It would take more ingenuity than it is worth to reseal them to look factory perfect.

Look on YouTube at blisters being opened- they get destroyed no matter how careful they are. Look on eBay at images of blisters that have just “fallen apart.“ The cardboard is missing color where the adhesive took it off and the plastic seals have haziness and paper remnants on them. Resealing would first require getting the plastic off without that happening, and then resealing it to be a 100% translucent factory seal.

@pokenoob Here is a listing for a re-sealed blister that was posted today.

1 Like

Could this listing be reported even if they claim that the item is resealed? I feel like someone will buy it and sell it as “new”.

He already has a dozen negatives. That alone should get him kicked off.

Honestly screw that guy. I was one of the people he duped with the legendary collection packs. Luckily I caught it and got my money back. But now he is selling resealed packs that could possibly pass off as real to someone who doesn’t know to look.

I’m kinda in a tough situation because I had previously bought an Australian Base Set Pack from him. With the type of crimping and fact that australian crimpings has a bunch of slits in them, I figure it would be very tough to hide the reseal, especially with how obvious the other pack was that I bought from him. I’d open the pack but its so rare that I don’t feel comfortable doing that, especially if its real and I can’t get my money back.

Okay guys, I just found a bit of residue on the top of that australian pack by the crimping. Its been almost 2 months since I purchased it.

Do I try and open it? Ugggghhhh

pics!, also is this an Australian 1999-2000 long crimp pack?

m.imgur.com/a/xTjgfbQ

Pic of the pack (from the seller since I didn’t have one), the residue on the back, and the resealed legendary collection pack I got from them.

I got the base set pack before any of the reseal stuff came out and he was upfront saying it looks like everything he got in a lot was resealed, I just don’t appreciate him putting them back on eBay as resealed packs. His feedback before that incident seems to be fine. The legendary collection was also stupid obvious. Just a bit of tugging and the glue came apart. This base set pack is sealed pretty good and there is no other residue on the outside, just where the flap was. The flap was stuck about as solidly as the flap was on my Australian jungle pack, which is legit.

If you want better pics of the pack itself just let me know, or I think I’ve got some on Instagram.

1 Like

Damn, looks like the base pack is also resealed :slightly_frowning_face:

I think I’m gonna call up Ebay tomorrow and see what I can do about trying to return it without opening it. It’s been over 30 days though which is where the problem is.

Seller: zemuffinman_9 is also selling “sealed blister” + 2 1st base loose pack on ebay. This is obiously resealed/tampered right?

This sucks with it being so long, was the listing advertised as resealed for your base pack?

Naw it was listed as new, and luckily Paypal has my back. I’m hoping to get my money back soon.

After comparing the pack to a couple other Australian packs that I just got, I’m almost 100% sure its resealed, neither had the residue on them.