Digimon TCG

Hey!

Im a huge digimon fan and i am collecting cards from their recent TCG. Earlier attempts have always gone a bit south sadly.
Do you guys think the current Digimon TCG has a future?

Do you think it is worth it to invest a bit more into it (buy promos…), or are you convinced this one is going to fail just like the 2000 card game, the tamer card game and whatever came after that.

I don’t know anything about Digimon TCG, but I hear that many people are starting to play and collect here in Spain. It’s becoming somewhat popular.

I don’t personally have a lot of confidence in it. Them botching the release of the game is giving me some Star Wars Destiny flashbacks. Very worried the hype will be a lot lower by the time people actually get their hands on cards.

“I don’t personally have a lot of confidence in it. Them botching the release of the game is giving me some Star Wars Destiny flashbacks. Very worried the hype will be a lot lower by the time people actually get their hands on cards.”

How did they botch the release? :open_mouth: I assume you mean the american release? Also yup, the previous 4 attempts of making a card game failed horribly…even a new booster box digimon 2000 TCG is worth about 199€ only on ebay.
I guess if you are a collector its kind of a cool pickup though

“I don’t know anything about Digimon TCG, but I hear that many people are starting to play and collect here in Spain. It’s becoming somewhat popular.”

Spain seems to have a thing for DBZ and Digimon, moreso than pokemon I noticed

At least the art looks good. But if you’re a Digimon fan I wouldn’t worry that much about the future of the recent TCG and investment potential. If you like the new cards, just open some packs and start making a binder. You’d be one of the first to post one on e4 :wink:

1 Like

You’d be one of the first to post one on e4 :wink:

:slightly_frowning_face:((((

I am making a binder though! will post soon tm hehehehe

I was thinking of buying a few packs of the 1st set to open for fun, but the difficulty in finding packs plus not really knowing anyone else who’s interested in Digimon at all made me change my mind. It looks like both game stores and collectors have been frustrated by the poorly managed release, so I’m doubtful this will grow into anything. But who knows, maybe all it takes is a couple YouTubers, add a few drops of nostalgia and rising Pokemon prices/scarce modern packs and maybe it becomes more popular.

You mean the american release? Yeah its super hard to find any american booster boxes. Japanese ones are easier to find it seems.
Personally i just want to look at the artwork, so i dont care if its japanese or english.

Hell i cant even play the pokemon TCG and ive opened my first booster 20+ years ago

1 Like