Digimon TCG

Hey all, just wondering if there are any casual / hardcore Digimon tcg collectors. Either modern or vintage, English or Japanese, set cards or promos.

At the time I’m trying to find vintage holos, and some Japanese promo sets (15th anniversary card game returns and 20th memorial set). Any help would be appreciated!

Digimon are the champions♪♫
Now THAT’s something I’ve not heard in a long time…

I have a couple friends who have started playing the modern digimon game. It is a lot of fun, I might start playing once covid is over and LGSs start having league.

The digimon TCG looks like it’d be fun to check out. Can’t find the starter decks for a reasonable price right now though.

I don’t know if you all are interested in Japanese product, but you should definitely check out all the 15th and 20th anniversary sets that were released.

They’re filled with reprints with different holo patterns, signed cards by Kenji W (og artists) and new artworks.

Most of these are Japanese exclusive and still “affordable”.

Look at these signed cards for example.

wikimon.net/Digimon_15th_Anniversary_Box

You can go through previous / next sets to go through the set lists and check artworks.

Just picked up the original 2 booster series and the starter set over the course of a few months. Very cheap compared to Pokemon and they hit that nostalgia button just right for me haha

2 Likes

Just got my 2 gold print series 3 grails back from bgs… love my digimon & Pokemon :blush:

7 Likes

I’m not exactly interested in collecting them, but the new Digimon TCG looks extremely entertaining from a player’s perspective. The Memory system adds a very tactical component, and you can play some nice mind tricks on your opponent through it.

I picked up a No.1 1999 Trophy card for the Japanese Digimon Hyper Colosseum card. This card was awarded to winners of the 1st Digimon tournament. There are 3 other version for subsequent years, but this is the first one!

Probably the closest I’ll get to a No.1 Pika Trophy :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

@HumanForScale, wow! That really is epic! I didn’t even know Digimon did trophy cards back in the 1990s. Congrats! (The design is fun, too – it looks like it says “NNo. 11,” hahaha.)

3 Likes

Solid pick up! I recently starting chasing promos from this set and have yet to find this guy. Do you mind if I ask where you were able to find it? Or if you’d be willing to part with it? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I got it from Yahoo Japan auctions. They sell very infrequently (I think it took 2 years for one to pop up for me). There’s a few sales back in 2018 and earlier for around $2000 but at this point I don’t think I’d sell mine unless I got an obscene offer.

I recently had mine graded by BGS and it got an 8 which I think is a little higher than it deserves but :man_shrugging:

There’s this old Japanese blog entry about the card here: 勝利の栄光を我が手に!!! - 気ままなデジモンカード備忘録

If you want something more affordable, it was reprinted in the 15th anniversary set in a silver foiling.

5 Likes