Collection goals

What’s everyones short and long term goals as far as collecting?
Mine is to have a complete gym challenge set. All 1st edition and psa 10.

4 Likes

Nice goal. Good luck.

I just want every PSA 10 Charizard I can get at or near market.

3 Likes

I hear ya! One of my goals is to have as many Blaine’s Charizards as possible. One day, maybe next year, I’ll work on getting more of that one. I need to finish the rest of the collection first :blush:

Long term I’m pretty content with where my collection is at. Short term I’m interested in getting a sealed Thunderstorm Gift Box, sealed Starter Gift Box, and like 4-8 more PSA graded cards for my display.

1 Like

What type of cards you lookin at?

Looking at getting a Shadowless Venusar, Erikas Venusar, Neo Discovery Espeon, Shadowless Alakazam, and Erika’s Dragonair. I like to collect certain cards of my favorite Pokemon

2 Likes

Those are some fine selections! Best of luck. :blush:

Short term goals: finish my WOTC promo & Japanese Base through Neo binder sets.

Long term: complete the Japanese Neo Destiny/Neo Revelation Shinings set in PSA 8 or better

3 Likes

I have an erikas venusaur and i love it!! Good choice!

Short term is to sell the PSA Base unlimited 10s I don’t want to my collection and buy some cards that I do want. I don’t have a big want list and it will come in time

Long term don’t have anything specific

1 Like

Selling my sealed product because I am done with most of it, like to show my cards then throw them in a cave anymore (aka binder). Looking to put a frame of the legendary collection set all in reverse holos because I love the firework pattern. I think that it is a love and hate relationship when collector’s look at it haha

1 Like

What type of sealed product do you have?

Team Rocket 1st edition booster box (really hesitant, may not let this one go since its my signature) and 1st edition Fossil booster box. I ended up opening all the Japanese Special Box promos…

1 Like

Omg!! That’s epic!! I want both lol. I just made a big purchase this morning so I kinda need to chill for a while, but damn if you still have those.come december i will buy both!

1 Like

Nice, what stood out/is significant about Challenge that made you wanna complete it?

My short term goals:

• Complete Legendary Collection Reverse Holo set (about 85/110 so far)
  • Complete English WOTC Holo Set (about 90% complete up to Neo and about 25% with E-Series)
  • Giant Pikachu Collection (English & Japanese Promos, Set Cards)
  • Complete Skyridge Reverse Holo Set (at the 35 card mark)

Long Term Goals:

• Complete WOTC PSA Holo Set (9’s/10’s)
  • Master Sets in Japanese & English from Base up to whatever is out at the time.
  • A few choice Trophy Cards

Honestly I love the chase so much and I’ve set myself in a way that it’ll go on indefinitely, even though I don’t collect modern product beyond 3rd Gen (aside from Promos really) I’ll get there eventually once I’ve finished with the more expensive sets/cards, I also heavily invest in cards that I pick up cheaply, keeping my duplicates in storage, grading cards for future sales, buying various boosters that I’ll hopefully be able to turn over one day and use the profits to buy cards that I want and don’t have, sort of an investment against inflation; like if certain cards I want shoot up in value then surely all the Zards I have locked up in storage will help to support my purchases.

1 Like

I’ve been doing some different binder collections/arrangements. Chasing the older cards again from when I began is like playing through a game you beat years ago. I didn’t expect to have this much fun. I’d recommend doing a binder collection of your favorite set for any type of collector.

5 Likes

Your goals are incredible! You have so many awesome cards already! Kep it up!!

I like older cards. I originally wanted tge original 150 but that’s a lot of sets to go across. And some of them are crazy expensive. I have all of the cards in base, fossil, and jungle sets but they’re all non graded. That was a cool milestone. But I like things that there aren’t that many of. Psa 10 and 1st edition. Since a base set of that would be like 100k, I set my goals on gym challenge because I LOVE Blaine and the artwork on his Charizard and Arcanine are beautiful!! The gym challenge set is still old but the cards don’t break the bank. Most expensive one in that set I think is Giovanni’s Persian. Sells for like $600+ I think.

1 Like

The Parent/Child Khan among a couple others. But I like having goals… so I like taking my time :blush:

1 Like

Sure np, ill keep that in mind lol but I don’t know if I can let go of my Team Rocket but the Fossil is your’s if you want it, depends if it doesnt leave my hands.

1 Like

I did finish my binder set of the original sets. That was great. I never thought of it like that; recollecting cards in a different way. I have started on the psa 10 1st edition base set. So far I have metapod and sandshrew ha. You are a HUGE help with my Pokemon investing. Thank you for all you do.

Perfectly understandable