Celebi’s Aimless Collection

First time seeing this thread and can only agree with previous users: Such a nice and vibrant collection, and also great inspiration because I had never seen some of these cards and now I crave them haha. Keep up the great work!

A really small update. I recently got the Galarian Moltres alt art. It’s definitely in my top 5 alt arts!

6 Likes

this is a masterpiece in everything: colors, composition, just the overall look of the card it’s astonishing. If this was a Charizard, well… good luck on getting one for less than 1k :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Agreed! The artwork on this card is amazing. I’m happy that it isn’t a zard tbh. Because of that, I get to have this excellent artwork for a reasonable price.

1 Like

Realized that I never added these to my updates.

9 Likes

A gorgeous CP6 secret rare Blastoise has been added to my collection!

8 Likes

Pretty recent and cool pull from my first Arcana box.

4 Likes

@celebi Really enjoyed looking through this! I’ve been looking through collection threads and I find that your title kind of describes my situation as well. I have a few sets I am specifically trying to finish but a lot of my cards are just “oh wow, that artwork is awesome” followed by an impulse buy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I never had any specific collection goals. So, my collection consists mostly of promos/alt arts/cards from sets that I purchase directly since they artwork that I like. Other cards are ones I pull since I enjoy opening packs.

I really love the direction that the TCG era has taken ever since the Sun/Moon era when they were introducing those alt art tag teams. I can’t wait to collect the new Scarlet/Violet art.

2 Likes

Your collection is so fun and I really like some of the more obscure cards you have picked up. I definitely understand collecting the cards with Art you really like. A lot of my collection is like that too.

1 Like

Awesome collection, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yeah, I really love promos, especially obscure promos since they often have the best artwork or distribution history. Though, the artwork from the new sets have been competing for my attention.

1 Like

Pulls from my first Scarlet EX box. The artwork in this set is amazing!

6 Likes

You @celebi , have excellent taste!

1 Like

Today, I pulled a god pack from vstar universe! This is my luckiest pull this year.

8 Likes

No new cards. Just some of my old raw cards finally put in slabs. I’m especially pleased with the Gem Mint Ho-Oh

8 Likes

Not too shabby of PSA return if I may say so.

1 Like

I forgot to add my most recent PSA return to my thread. I believe that this was the first Japanese card that I ever purchased. I was able to purchase it (and many more) from Pokemoncfj and am happy to see that it received the 10.

Also, my only non-holo pull from a Paldea Evolved ETB.

4 Likes

My most recent purchase!

5 Likes