carrotzz Collection Thread

Dude! You’ve been going HAM! You’re getting all the stuff I love but don’t have spots for in my own binders! So it’s nice to see it all in one place! Also!! Made probs on the Phoebe and Flannery spotlight! Phoebe is best elite four and Flannery is super underrated gym leader. Love everything, keep going!

1 Like

Wonderful update, love your Sableye collection. In my humble opinion one of the coolest Gen 3 Pokemon with some of the nicest art of the ex era. The ex Deoxys reverse holo (!) is one of my favorite cards period.

Also belated congrats to getting your hands on the WB creator cards. As you said, among the very best English promos.

All in all, stellar collection and very enjoyable thread! :blush:

2 Likes

Haha thanks and yeah that Dream League Flannery is probably my favorite modern card. I always though she was a really cool trainer and had a super cool gym layout in the games. I’m glad you enjoyed the post so much. :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks Muk glad you like the thread so much, I have had a lot of fun building it. I also agree with Sableye being one of the coolest gen 3 Pokemon and yeah the Deoxys reverse holo looks so cool on that card specifically.
Also thanks for the belated congrats on the WB promos I was super stoked to finally get a set of them. :blush:

I also really enjoy your collection thread and cant wait to see what else you add to it. Love me some Japanese cards. :wink:

2 Likes

I like Flannery as much as the next guy, but the happiness of Torkoal really makes this card for me :blush:

1 Like

Haha I agree, the only other Torkoal card that I really enjoy as much as this one is the one from ex Dragon.

2 Likes

Hello I am back with a big update to my Treecko master set. I have added reverse holos as well as Japanese cards. I have also added a couple more PSA cards. The elusive Treecko I am currently looking for is the Japanese Treecko from Spiral Force which is Plasma Freeze in English. Please enjoy. :rofl:

Extra Japanese

WB–Shogakukan–Yokohama

PSA Treecko’s

11 Likes

Hello it has been awhile and I am back with some more additions to the collection. I have a good variety of cards this time so I hope you enjoy.
:blush:

The new Japan Post Promos

These really cool Babanuki Psyduck and PokeBall Cards

A set of the VS Alto Mare’s Latios and Latias

A bunch of early ex Japanese holos

Some stamped reverse holos from ex Ledgend Maker

A Japanese Full Art Winona

Another European Pop Tournament Treecko in PSA 8

Lastly I found this really cool e-reader card for the Gameboy games. I just think its cool because it has Sableye on it.

11 Likes

I also wanted to make a post about this super cool art book I recently picked up as well. This is an illustration book by Satoshi Yamamoto that came out in 2016. Yamamoto is the artist for the Pokemon Adventures Manga and this is a book shows parts of his work. I really enjoy the art in this book and it takes me back to when I used to read the manga as a kid. The book shows art from gen 1 though gen 6 as well as some art from the Pokemon Ranger side stories. I am going to post some of my favorite art from the book in this post please enjoy.

:blush:

12 Likes

Awesome art book! Thanks for taking the time to share so many pages.

1 Like

Incredible! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Hello I am back again with more cardboard as well as new displays for said cardboard. Enjoy.
:grin:
First off I have some beautiful Japanese promos illustrated by Midori Harada.

Second I have picked up a super nice condition Gold Star Alakazam for a super nice price from my local LGS. I really love the purple and green in this card as well as the super cool background.

Third I have added another Treecko to the collection, a 1st Ed. Starter Deck Japanese Treecko. It has a wonderful holo pattern as well as a nice swirl.

Lastly I finally got my frames in from the Pokemon Center and they look so nice. I dont know what I will put in the other two yet but here is what I currently have in one of them. I think it really makes the card pop and really pretty to display.

13 Likes

Got some awesome pieces in that collection! Keep the pics coming as the collection grows!

1 Like

Hands down the most beautiful collection I’ve seen so far. I reckon we have a similar taste in artwork when it comes to cards. Can’t wait for the next update and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hello, I am back to post in my thread to show off my Collect-A-Con purchases and trades. I also picked up some more Treecko PSA and CGC cards that I needed for my collection.

These are the raw cards I got for the binder collection. The play Kyogre is my favorite art of Kyogre and the Zangoose was the last card I needed for my ex Sandstorm collection.

I was extremely excited to find this Treecko reverse holo in PSA 9 from ex Ruby & Sapphire. This art of Treecko is my all time favorite and I haven’t had a chance to buy a PSA 10 yet so I am super happy with the 9 for now.

I also was able to get my Brock’s Mudkip signed by Eric Stuart (Brocks English voice actor) and got him to draw a “Jelly filled doughnut”. :grin:

Even know its not Pokemon I also got the English voice actress for Salior Mars (Cristina Vee) to sign this cool Japanese Amada Prism card.

Lastly, here are the two new graded Treeckos I picked up off Ebay. It’s funny how much cheaper the CGC one was compared to the PSA one but I am happy to have both.

13 Likes

Hello, its been a little bit but here are some more additions to my collection. Thanks for looking.

:grin:

Rayquaza ex from ex Dragon

Japanese Holo Arcanine and Ninetales from the ex era

This beautiful Pichu illustrated by Midori Harada (JR Rally Promo). Also another picture with it along side the Pichu Bros. promo.

A sealed XY Treecko Promo from FamilyMart

I finally found a PSA 9 copy of an unlimited Japanese Half-Deck Treecko to pair with my 1st Ed. one.

I lastly picked up another sealed Yokohama Treecko to add to the Yokohama Treecko collection. I like this card so much for 3 reasons: Japanese exclusive promo, illustrated by one of my favorite artist (Yuka Morii) and lastly Treecko is my favorite Pokemon. I also really like how you can see the Yokohama Landmark Tower in the background.

16 Likes

Last few posts have been fantastic!
Edit: actually all posts have been fantastic

2 Likes

Really nice pickups, I love the JR Rally pichu!

1 Like

Haha thank you. I’m really happy to see that you are enjoying the collecting journey.

1 Like

Hello I am back with some more collections additions.

First off I have finally acquired a Treecko I have been trying to find for awhile now. This is the Japanese Treecko from Spiral Force or in English know as Plasma Freeze. This Treecko is the last one I needed besides the Japanese Gold Star. I will have to post a Treecko binder update soon.

I have also added a new PSA Treecko to the collection. A PSA 9 2003 Black Star Promo Treecko.

I also managed to pick up a Japanese PokePark Rayquaza from the Blue Premium File. I have it next to the English one from ex Emerald to show how much darker the Japanese print is. I really enjoy how dark the green is in the Japanese one.

Now in my opinion this is the peak of cards that make a mini set. I love these Trainer Magazine promos and being a Gen 3 kid this is by far my favorite Exploud art work. I also really enjoy the small details like the background having the Pokemon contest ribbons on the wall.

Lastly I have finally picked up my first no rarity card. I really liked the Porygon from base set as a kid and its super cool to have a no rarity one now. Even know it is a little played I was stoked to pay just $12 for it and I am happy to have it in my collection.

11 Likes