Buyee waiving a lot of fees!

Good news from Buyee, a lot of fees will be cheaper!

International shipping will be a bit more expensive, but overall fees will be cheaper!

International shipping rates will be reviewed.

◆No payment fees on Yahoo! and Mercari, and Rakuma.

• Before revision: 200 yen payment fee per successful bid/order
  • After revision: Free of charge

◆Waive of the consolidation service fee

• Before revision: 500 yen/1,000 yen consolidation fee per package
7 Likes

Damn i just spent 1000 yen consolidation of packages last night.

Im always charged 500 yen whenever i buy something on yahoo or mercari so any reduction in that would be great.

Is there any reason stated why they are cutting all these fees? I’ll take it though.

I forgot to include, the prices will be updated next week on the 21nd of december, so the consolidation next week is still charged.
The added 500 yen will now be 300 yen yay.

They said it was a response to many customers requests, so I guess some feedback. But below I included their complete message

Thank you for your continued support.

Effective December 21, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (Japan Standard Time), with a revision of Buyee’s international shipping rates, in response to many customers’ requests, some of our service fees will be revised to more user-friendly prices.

The price revisions are as follows:

◆International shipping rates will be reviewed.

◆No payment fees on Yahoo! and Mercari, and Rakuma.

• Before revision: 200 yen payment fee per successful bid/order

◆Waive of the consolidation service fee

• Before revision: 500 yen/1,000 yen consolidation fee per package

We will continue to strive to provide services that satisfy our customers.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

2 Likes

Ah ok thanks. My guess is they were being undercut by other services and we’re losing market share as well.

1 Like

What fees are still remaining?

Looks like buyee service fee (300 yen per item) and the shipping fee are all that remain.

Big news for people buying several listings, even if the shipping rate increases.

1 Like

Protective packaging fee also remains when you want to consolidate your items it seems

1 Like

This is great, now all they need to do is mark down package values again.

1 Like

Wish they had a cheap stamped envelope option for like 600 yen that provides no insurance or guarantee and only allow it for cards below 2,000 yen. A couple of years ago I bought a $3 card that was $8 after fees, then $25 after shipping, since I didn’t know how shipping works.

1 Like

I just checked and that option is gone, but in the past I have shipped one card for 560 yen internationally before. This option does not seem to exist anymore though unfortunately.

Zenmarket has recently stopped providing this option. It was the easiest way to save money in this whole process. But with the further reductions in fees Buyee is becoming a lot more interesting!

Yeah, I have to stop using Zenmarket because of it. A shame, too. Their service otherwise is stellar.

I am highly considering switching to Buyee with these changes, having Mercari at your fingertips as well…

I guess soon they will start paying you to purchase with them :slight_smile: , times are changing. They did that with tons of influencers distributing hooks in the form of “voucher” (funny don’t know why this word always remind me of the word “vulture” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:).

Having said that for people who are new on those type of market place, do your due diligence, as more often than not you will be deceived on mercari or yahoo japan (damages not explicitly mentioned, deceiving photos, sending the wrong product etc…).

Bear also in mind that buyee often will side behind the seller rather than the buyer. There is no such thing as buyer protection as in ebay.

So if you think saving 200 yen is a game changer, i don’t.

All great points. I think the 200 yen savings per listing and the consolidation savings of 1,000 yen will greatly impact cheap cards, say 2,000 yen or less. On a 10,000 yen card, the % difference is marginal, just stick to eBay at that point

Time to go on a Buyee spree.

1 Like

I know! I just bought VSTAR Universe singles on eBay because it was the same price all in after Buyee’s fees, consolidation, and shipping.

1 Like

I dont think it is a gamechanger, but it is a nice extra for the people who buy a lot via buyee, myself included. And I think it will help convincing people to buy with them instead of competitors as well. I like this decision by buyee:)

1 Like