BUYEE now supports purchases from Mercari Japan!

This is a new feature from Buyee which helps users buy items from Mercari Japan that was previously not available there. For those who used Buyee (or any other middleman service) but have never bought from Mercari Japan before, this is a great opportunity to access a market previously thought inconvenient or inaccessible.

Have fun playing around the site! :blush:

buyee.jp/mercari/search?keyword=%E3%83%9D%E3%82%B1%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%20&status=on_sale

5 Likes

Awesome. Looks like it has slightly higher fees than vvJapan though if I’m not mistaken?

I just saw an hour chok, gave me a heart attack! But its still very limited. Sellers have to opt in their listing to be sent via buyee. It doesnt seem like many listings can be bought right away, on 1 page it was only 2 of the 50 listings that could be bought via buyee :slightly_frowning_face:

Baby steps though, hopefully sellers trend and everyone does it.

1 Like

@prochaos, oh I didn’t know that. I saw Mercari had a link to Buyee and thought, ‘wow, this is new’, didn’t really go through it in depth as I am already using vvjapan.

@pichufan, not too sure, it would make sense to charge higher due to the convenience that they bring.

It will show this if you can use mercari to buy via buyee

And then this if you cant, but it seems to be 1 in 30 - 40 auctions

1 Like

Buyee have reduced their buying fees from 5% to 300 yen ($2.77). This makes them significantly cheaper than vvJapan.
Looks like it’s a permanent fixture, too: media.buyee.jp/pr/purchasefee300/en.

Shame they didn’t introduce this earlier as I had to fork out about 6000 yen towards that fee just 2 weeks ago. :sweat:

This is great news though. It affects all of their services, so includes both YJA and Mercari.

You say reduced but man I was only buying $5 cards lol

1 Like

Thanks…just made my first purchase