Booster Box Legitimacy Question

Hey guys and gals!

This popped up on an Aussie FB page. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on if they think this is a legitimate box? The owner isn’t trying to sell.

Seams on the sides and box folds on the bottom look proper. It seams to say the right stuff and has the right coloring in the right places and nothing is screaming fake to me at least. “Wrinkles” in the top wrapping seem to be fairly common from the photos that I have seen of legit ones. Clear wrap is standard.

Did he mention anything of his case? Is that a custom job? I would imagine from looking at it that it is. Pretty neat and I like the design a lot though from some angles the eyes are definitely drawn to the screw holes instead of the card box.

1 Like

The guy has complete PSA 10 1st Edition Base Set and bought many from Gary before just as background info to add.

2 Likes

His cousin does, not this guy I don’t think. The thing that most makes me question the box is how low the “1st Edition Limited Printing” line is. Is it normally that low?

The box is made by a guy in Germany. He has sold quite a few. If you want one, I’ll give you his details through PM.

1 Like

I was under the impression that the original clear wrap should say WOTC all over it? Or is it not always?

Heads up on the Box from the guy in Germany, I ordered one Dec 8th and still haven’t got it. Also heard alot of people having troubles with the shipping taking hell of a long time.

Ah! Damn. Fingers crossed it comes in a decent timeframe. Cheers mate :wink:

AH… would be nice to have one… sigh, take me back 8 years… and make me a not so poor uni student back then… might of been able to afford it.

Never on 1st edition boxes nor on some unlimited/shadowless boxes.

Ah good to know! Thanks!

Is there a guide on e4 for the legitimacy of booster boxes? I always wanted to know how to tell if they’re real or not xD

i thought shadowless has an arched wotc label on the shrink wrap. maybe some do some don’t. i trust you.

i forget sometimes all the indicators as it’s been a while.

Yes, this is my box and I bought in back in 2012. Nothing about it seems fake but with the current scams going around anyone would become nervous if they owned one.

1 Like