This is obviously a fake box right?

www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-SEALED-Pokemon-Unlimited-Team-Rocket-Booster-Box-BGS-PSA-HOLOFOIL/392243988436?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D8739dee273d04d46a2fa7c73207453b3%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D254128603337%26itm%3D392243988436&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here, how does this have over $800 in bids?? No WOTC logo and the sealing on the wrap is completely different than what it should be.

Are people just that clueless or is there some weird little known change up in some team rocket boxes?

Edit: Fake isn’t the right term, resealed is.

I wouldn’t buy it, but it’s also weird that it comes from such a reputable MTG seller. Maybe that’s why there’s so much interest?

Dan has a legit fossil box up, I think it’s a case of him being extremely uninformed?

Will message him and see what he says

wouldn’t be the first time that vintagemagic.com sells some resealed boxes

1 Like

Anyone that sells such an obvious resealed box is a complete no go for me for buying any other boxes.

If you are that big of a seller its either willful ignorance or malice and I don’t want to deal with a seller who has either of those traits.

Another question: How the hell have 19 people bid on that box? Its so obvious

1 Like

The seller deals primarily in MTG, they probably don’t know any better.

All boxes after Shadowless Base have the Wotc logo wrap.

1 Like

I told them now, we’ll see if he accepts it

From the ad. Daniel Chang is really nice guy and knows his MtG. I think it’s indeed just a situation of being misinformed about the product and what his client actually sold him.

Looks like the auction was taken down.

Good work team, someone was just saved from throwing away 1K+ :joy:

3 Likes

Damn wow…

I do want to point out that Dan was very responsive and answered my messages extremely quickly

6 Likes

Thats good to hear, its still not okay that a seller doesn’t double check and at least confirm the basic authenticity of a fairly high end sealed product like this. Especially if they specialize in cards of any kind.

I’m not saying it’s ok, but it is possible to make the mistake. There are base set boxes with no logos so someone without a lot of experience can make a mistake

I wonder, and am surprised, if no one else who was bidding on the actual item asked questions about the shrink wrap before you messaged him. The auction was so close to being over too.

1 Like

Thats my biggest question too, how did 19 people bid on the box and how has nobody already pointed out that its resealed? I saw it right after it was listed and figured it would get pulled immediately or no one would bid on it. I only decided to say something with the auction ending soon and bids at $800+. I’d assume the large majority of people in the market for sealed WOTC boxes understand that the wrap has to have the WOTC logo on it…

Probably parents buying for their kids…or spouses. Many people trust the sellers words. I mean, after all, even the card seller missed it so not difficult to believe that others would too.

1 Like

I can say exactly the same. I informed Daniel and got a short but solid reply back.

Razzle flipper! They don’t care if they hose people :grin:

Daniel replied to me early in the morning that this video would come up.

5 Likes

this is very cool from Daniel