1st edition Pokémon Neo Genesis Booster Box - Is this legit?

I’ve found a seller for a 1st edition Pokémon Neo Genesis Booster Box, and looking to understand if this box is legit/untampered.

I’ve provided some pictures below, could you help verify if this is legit? The extra wrap is apparently double cellophane which was over the box to keep the original wrap getting damanged.

I have no way of seeing it in-person and all I have are these pictures. What are some things you see and what are some questions I should follow up with?

Most would say it looks legit and based off the fact that it has the wizard logos that is a very good sign. I have never seen a fake box with sealed wizard logos before.

Anyone else? I’m not sure what else you can ask to guarantee it is real. No buyer protection?

@joer

Hesitation because of:

1. The condition of the wrap
  2. If you look at the last picture the wizards text is stretched on the plastic as if it was tampered. I could be completely wrong though.
  3. no buyers protection - cash deal - and shipping international

This alone = automatic no.

Either you’re getting it for slightly below market rate, at which point it’s worth paying a bit more for a box you can trust.

Or you’re getting a “too good to be true” price, in which, well, it’s too good to be true.

Tell the seller you’re interested in pack art sets / box break and see how they respond.

7 Likes

if there is no buyer protection get out

1 Like

Think, “If I were the seller, what would be the ONLY reason I wouldn’t offer buyer protection?”

I’ve asked the question again for buyer protection as it was only stated “cash deal” with not a direct yes or no. More to come.

Any thoughts based on images? @qwachansey, @modestmudkip, @jawsh98,

And not saving a shiny penny on this one folks, I’m in Canada item is in US, and with exchange rate I’m actually paying a bit more

@rad1ant ,run away

Maybe ask to video chat live on instagram showing the box. Its pretty easy to do and most pepole have ig

That’s a no for me, dawg.

3 Likes

but thats still just validity, still dont buy without protetcion

Reason I brought up the box break message – I had a buyer for a box who told me he was planning to open it for fun. It was a pricy enough box to worry about scams both from buyer and seller though not nearly Neo Gen price. He was very clear he wanted to open it himself, to the point I myself started getting suspicious. I told him sure though, you can even do a local pick up and open the box right here at my apartment if you want. After that he bought it with no issues and had gotten it for his box collection all along. Told me he had messaged a seller who had been insistent the box should be kept as a collection piece and not opened which had made the buyer extremely suspicious.

If you’re not saving money then it’s not even worth further questions. Make a buy thread and someone may have, I’ve seen one or two on Instagram from people I trust way more than a cash only no buyer protection seller.

2 Likes

My gut says no. I don’t like that seal at all.

No protection and international. That’s a nope for me. It’s just not worth it.

1 Like

I’ve bought a few large purchases and the last thing you want is buyers remorse. If you’re feeling wary, it is for a reason. I guarantee another will pop-up. I personally recommend to be patient and not risk the +$10k on a box you could get scammed on.

The only thing I can add is that of all the boxes I’ve owned. (3 total 1st ed neo genesis) This set has always had loose and/or damaged wrapping. Nothing quite to this extent. The only way I would buy this is if I met the seller, weighed a pack and pulled a holo. I would not buy this to keep it sealed.

1 Like

Ask for photos without the extra layer of plastic on it. Even so, its still a no for me. But im curious if its actually a legit box.

If they refuse, then it’s fake. If they agree, well you have more information on the box.

Thanks for the feedback friends @joer ,@qwachansey ,@modestmudkip ,@jawsh98 ,@pokehut1 ,@jcincy101 ,@alessio92it ,@mixduo , @hisoka107

Pending an update from the seller on confirmed buyer protection and potentially a video call with the box in hand. Yeah I’ve asked for a clearer 360 minus the extra stuff. But yeah as it stands right now, it’s definitely a no.

1 Like

@joer ,@qwachansey ,@modestmudkip ,@jawsh98 ,@pokehut1 ,@jcincy101 ,@alessio92it ,@mixduo , @hisoka107

CONFIRMED NO buyer protection!!! That was a fun journey. WE OUT.

*mic drop*

6 Likes

saved yourself a lot of trouble