Real or Fake Neogen 1st Edition Box?

All, I recently purchased a neogen 1st edition box from instagram and noticed that the seal runs from top right to bottom left, however, the boxes i see others posting for sale runs from top left to bottom right. Does this mean that the box I bought is fake? Can someone please opine on this, really need your help!

Updated Pics:
imgur.com/gallery/YfYab0T

1 Like

plenty of pictures…

front - back - left - right - overtop - upsidedown

one top photo in a case wont do it

3 Likes

That’s my friend - he’ll post more pictures later

The concerning thing is we haven’t found a precedent 1st ed neo gen box where the logos were from top right to left (looked at every box online available), and are considering buying more from the same seller whose boxes have logos that all run in a different direction from everything out there (that we have seen so far)

Given each box is 30k usd + a pop, looking to see if anyone has insight

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by bottom right to top left. Are you talking about the seal that runs across elekid, marill and slowking? Looking at listings and videos, it looks like first edition neo genesis has the seal running across elekid, gligar, and slowking.

However, I noticed that neo genesis unlimited has the seal running across elekid, slowking and marill like your box. Perhaps your box was printed during the transition of 1st edition to unlimited? Nothing else looks off about the wrapping to me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiY56z7JvWI

1 Like

upon some digging, it might be a fake box that was resealed with the original wrapper from another box

1. logo direction does not tie with 1st ed neo gen box, which is the only neo gen box where wizards logos shift from top left to bottom right
  2. cracked wizard logo line on gilgar side forms too low relative to the box’s natural corners
  3. 1st ed gen box boxes have a seal on the gilgar side
  4. the elekid side, the seal line is too thick vs wotc seals which are thin, looks like a potentially resealed line of plastic
  5. only the elekid side has four different holes in the plastic, showing that pressure was applied to pull the plastic, all other sides had no holes
  6. box in general is very tightly sealed, for an 18 year old box
  7. top left corner of the bottom of the box has some wear and tear that looks inconsistent from something that is sealed
1 Like

If you guys decide to open the box I’d love to see a video of it.

Would love to know if its fake if you open it.

As the seller tcg.collector has refused to take the box back (at 31.5k usd, which seems to be a good deal by today’s standards), would appreciate more opinions here if available

bhys_pokeshop has rescinded his view that the box is real

The elekid side has a hole right over the wotc logo, stretching the logo. A sign heat was used around that area.

1 Like

What’s the weight on the box? With all the shenanigans going on in the sealed world it is best to proceed with caution… Not saying he did anything but looking at my boxes compared to that one, the positions are much different, some of the logos seem more warped. My one box has a loose seal and the other two are decent still. The lining up of the wotc marks seem off…I would proceed with caution and possibly crack the box open with a recording to set the record straight if your intention was to open the box all along. Though I believe mine all came from the same case, so it could just be a production variance.

Also sometimes you just gotta trust your gut with things like these.

Don’t have the box with me as I’m at work now, but there’s a few ongoing discussions and virtually everyone so far is of the view that the box is resealed

More and more red flags are being picked up such as the sealed being tightly wrapped around a dented corner etc.

Isn’t tcg.collector a middleman? Has he contacted the original seller with your concerns?

The seal on the Elekid side is definitely wonky as @cosrob pointed out, very irregular and the seam line seems a bit suspicous to me. It´s extremely thick and irregular, none of my boxes have such a seal nor did I ever see one similar to this.

1 Like

i wont offer any authenticity estimates over just pictures, but i just want to comment if its indeed fake take a day to think about how to proceed/dont panic.

we are dealing with large sums of money for most people and must think positive as its surely stressful.

im a trader and after losses the most important thing is your mental strength to keep going forward.

message me if you need to talk.