1st edition Pokémon Neo Genesis Booster Box - Is this legit?

@modestmudkip - for sure, people getting scammed on these is no joke considering its thousands of dollars

yeah unfortunately many of us on here know this from experience :slightly_frowning_face:

Was legit going to say this… while I don’t have the experience required to give advice on WOTC seals and whatnot, why would someone trying to sell a 10k+ box commit to having to explain many times, and sing the same song over and over again about this whole double seal stuff for “protection” blabla lol… if you did that to protect it while it was stored, it isn’t stored anymore and you’re trying to sell it. Make sure the item looks as presentable and sellable as possible. Doesn’t hurt to try and take some type of decent picture with proper setting… you don’t need to be a pro with a DSLR and a Photography degree nor a marketing one… lol

Just based off that, it’s a no. Also what city/state? CL ad or FB, etc.? I’ve noticed that almost every time someone is involved potentially with the acquisition of some wildly expensive or rare item that isn’t coming from anywhere reputable, and has “gone the furthest” in (let’s assume it’s a scam) the scam and posts about it on a forum or FB group, each and every time people flock to give feedback of that listing/seller and all the red flags they noticed when trying themselves to either inquire on the item or purchase it

Was going to say this:)

Agreed. I think it’s due to the weak structure of the flap (see the bends). But I’ve noticed the same issue even where the flap is more or less intact.

1 Like

wise move

1 Like

Just to address you concern with stretched wizards logos, that’s completely normal - all boxes I’ve ever handled had that to some extent. Glad you got out with no buyer protection and not knowing the guy

For all of you on this thread I saw this box in Person and met with Alex the owner of it and his dad. I showed up with the cash ready to buy and I did NOT come home with it! BEWARE!!! This boxes seal seriously looks trashed in person! it literally has wrinkles in it on top. I looked at it for 30 seconds and was enough to say nopeeeee! Scratches on box under seal do not match plastic as well. DO NOT DO IT!!! For $17K you guys are taking a mega risk! Im telling you from holding this thing in my own hands that if you buy it you are pretty much buying a 17k lottery ticket. Good Luck hope this helps : )

2 Likes