Blaine's Charizard PSA 10 unlimited

Hello guys,

So i was wondering what this card is worth nowadays.

I’m asking because someone is offering theirs to me and they want 200 €, which seems like a little too much to me?

I tried checking ebay sold listings but prices vary a lot there and i could only find sold 9’s for about 60-70 €

Tbh I think that’s a fairly good price. That’s about $230 which is only a fraction of what 1st Edition is bringing. The last one sold for $800.

I don’t think you can go wrong buying this card at the seller’s ask price. If you happen to pass though, I’ll happily buy it. :grin:

@poken00b88 thanks for the reply! I guess I will buy it myself then ^^

I was just wondering… is a PSA 9 1ed more desirable than a unlimited Gem Mint 10?

That’s a good question. I would say the 1st edition is more desirable that unlimited but in terms of valuation, it depends on the set. I’ve been collecting the 1st base set in psa 9. I think at current prices the 1st ed psa 9s are worth at least about double that of the unlimited 10s. On the other hand I used to collect the 1st edition jungle and fossil psa 9s. Those you can pick up for about $30-$50 but the psa 10 unlimited versions would go for a bit more. I would say the gym and rocket sets would be closer in value to those. It could also mean that the 1st edition 9s in those sets are currently undervalued though…

I’m sorry, but it would be more fair to compare Shadowless to 1st Ed Base.

The Gym series are weird in the sense that Unlimited has wayy lower pop than 1st Edition. It’s less desirable, but you’re looking at a 17 year old Charizard in Gem Mint condition. For me it’s a no brainer at that price range.

You’re looking at a $250-300 card IMO. Current market value that I find quite underpriced. I would buy it as I think it has a LOT of potential.

Why wouldn’t you compare 1st edition to unlimited?

That’s pretty cool about the gym series. Do you know why that is? It’s pretty ironic as you think the 1st edition symbol means it would be in more limited supply but it’s in fact the opposite.

EDIT: are you referring to the psa numbers or printing runs?

Thanks for the input guys !

I didnt know that specialty about the PSA graded gym cards ^^ quite interesting tbh :blush:

he’s talking about PSA pop report, people just don’t bother grading unlimited cards

1 Like

I think this should be reiterated more explicitly. Psa population does not necessarily reflect the true supply available. For something like an unlimited set, people might not see it worthwhile to grade their cards. Low pop does not always imply higher value.

1 Like

7 months ago… lol

For what it’s worth a BGS 9.5 sold back in August for $149.99

hmuch do you think the sa 1 jaanese is worth