BGS 10 Skyridge Charizard Holo

Not a black label.
Not a reverse,

What price would you put on this card?

8-10k

edit: meh, I think that’s a bit too high for skyridge

7-8k is my new valuation, based on:

~3x value multiplier for PSA 10 → BGS 10

PSA 10 1st Zard ~17k (at the time) → BGS 10 1st Zard (55k)
PSA 10 Shadowless ~11k (at the time) → BGS 10 Shadowless (~30k) [let’s be honest, dat card aint worth 20k]
PSA 10 Base Set 2 ~1.7k → BGS 10 Base Set 2 (~5.5k)

which means if we assume PSA 10 Crystal Charizard is about 2.5k, then BGS 10 should be about 7.5k

2 Likes

8k - if 9.5 centering
4k - if not 9.5 centering

$7k

Did you just grade one???

I would say it depends on subgrades since that’s why people go for BGS anyway. If centering is the lowest score and the rest are 10s it could be up to 3 times the price of a PSA 10. As @hypernova said it is Skyridge and not Base which could make a difference since quality was way better with Skyridge.

9.5 on corners

$20K at least because there is a chance that it will be the only one.

The 9.5 is on corners

lol

I’m not an expert, but I’d say $6666.

I am going to dispute the assumption that it would be ~3 times the value of a PSA 10 like the Base Set Charizards, because one of the reasons the Base Set Charizards go so high is the iconic artwork and recognisability is a big factor in why people see them as an investment opportunity. Where as the Crystal Charizard doesn’t have that going for it.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

I was actually thinking the same thing.

It’s very hard to put a price on since it will be dictated by the few people who are willing to pay top dollar. If there are at least 2 people who would pay $10k for this card then it is a $10k card.

Realistically though, if I had to guess, I’d put it in the 3-6k range. Maybe close to 5k because 5 is a nice number

1 Like

I’d argue it’s evened out by it being a pop 1 and BGS 10. If it were put up for auction I’m thinking the FOMO (fear of missing out) would kick in and the price would hit the roughly 3x multiplier or more.

I also think that, on a scale of desirability, Crystal Charizard is ranked higher than Base 2 Charizard, in fact, significantly higher, which would bump up the price to around my estimate.

1 Like

no real way to quantify this, but i’d say at least 5k (multiplier of 2), possibly up to 10k (due to recent excitements around a BGS 10). anyone got a photo of this?

1 Like

Sure…

12 Likes

Last PSA 10 one sold for 3150 USD. Seeing Pristine copies usually go higher than PSA ones I’d say it should be around 5k USD.
I don’t think it’s gonna be much higher than that. In terms of collectible value, there is not alot of people collecting BGS graded Skyridge cards.

On the other hand, if you are looking to sell, just aim high :blush: but you probably are well aware of that haha :blush:

That one had its best offer accepted at $2k.

excuse me haha, thought it was buy now :blush:

I guess we will find out eventually haha.

www.ebay.ca/itm/122785669370?rmvSB=true

Aghh those BGS cases or really high quality! They look like glass :smiley: