Price check BGS 10 Skyridge holo charizard

Does anybody have an idea of value for a pop 1 Skyridge Charizard holo in BGS 10?

Itā€™s pop 1 so thereā€™s not really sales date on it. Seller wants $5k for it, so maybe thatā€™s the floor for it? Itā€™s most likely a PSA 10, so thats already $4k. Another $1000 for an upgrade to BGS 10? Seems really good.

1 Like

The potential for this card has been adversely affected from all the bullshit thatā€™s been going on with the listing for it.

4 Likes

Please explain the bs. Iā€™m unawareā€¦

Itā€™s been ā€˜soldā€™ and relisted at various prices a few times. I am guessing through non paying buyers, and the yo-yoing of listing price is not doing a potential sale any favours.

5 Likes

$5k? I thought they wanted wayyy moreā€¦ Surprised Gary didnā€™t buy it yet.

itā€™s advertised on IG for $5k apparently.

Yeah considering I think itā€™s been auctioned on ebay about 3 times now and still hasnā€™t sold kind of makes you wonder why no ones paying for it. Surely itā€™s not the seller looking for more if heā€™s only asking $5k as well. I thought it wouldā€™ve gone for a lot more as well but I donā€™t think the auctions ever ended for much more than $5k anyways

1 Like

The chances that an auction would go unpaid 3 different times makes me suspect some foul playā€¦

And the $5k price, I believe has been a price drop from the original asking price. I canā€™t remember for certain but I think he was originally asking $7500-$10,000.

This situation is great example how the BGS 10 ā€œpremiumā€ does not apply to most cards.

3 Likes

Pretty much because of what house said. I get weary when items get messed around with. Plus, I put the value originally when he contacted me prior to its first listing at about 5000 and offered 4000 which he passed on and I really didnā€™t mind. I normally have a good feel for current values.
If it was today, I may offer 4500.00 if it got shipped to me first.

2 Likes

At least a very small premium.

Iā€™m not sure about that. I can just say the first time I saw the card I wasnā€™t very impressed. Thereā€™s whitening all around the backā€¦ Itā€™s not actual edge wear, but it bugs me and if youā€™re going to pay a premium for a Pristine copy you expect the card to be actually flawless.

Everyone agreed though that a large premium wasnā€™t to be expected on this particular card, unlike Base Charizards and such that can go for 2-3x PSA 10 price.

@poken00b88 Currently there is not an established premium on anything outside of Base set for BGS 10. Not saying it will always be this way, but currently that is the situation.

This dudes a nut!!! Talked to him last night. He had it listed at 10,000 so I asked what his floor was and he said 5000. I told him Iā€™d trade him my PSA 9 copy of the regular and reverse skyridge zard and a goldstar PSA 9 zard for it and 500 cash. And he almost went for itā€¦ what a joy what would have been. But then he stopped replying and re-listed his card 2 'more times in 2 different ways before pulling it off altogether. Best part was that he said he would drive it to me for an extra 100. This was after I told him I lived in Vancouver and he lived in New York :joy::joy: 2 day drive haha. Becket is a little dead to me in the Pokemon world. Especially the folk who want PSA prices for it. But I wouldnā€™t pass up the opportunity at a pristine POP 1 if it came my way. And 5000 seems more than fair IMO. Just donā€™t want to throw out 5k ATM.

For me, the card is fine. Really wonderful condition. The valuation is off though. Itā€™s hard to put premiums on such cards and doing so could work out but probably would be regrettable. You see, it has to be based on somethingā€¦even if something small. I had the first even Pristine Pokemon card and that one did deserve a premium cause it was first, but for no other reason. Letā€™s give it time and not pay in advance because that can get expensive;)