Base Set Theme Decks and Chinese Promo Cards

How much would I except to pay fo a Base set theme deck? Both shadowless and unlimited print runs as well since I am planning on buying one of each to open and own. However, I don’t know what to expect to pay. I checked eBays sold listings but they seem to be all over the place for them.
My other items I plan on purchasing whenever they show up is the Chinese Promo cards from the PokePark event as well as the World Collections Pikachu. These cards do not appear very often though so I have no clue what to expect price wise since they are some rarer cards, but most people don’t collect in this language. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to everyone,
Mjisaacs

Not sure about the full Chinese Set, but I paid about 360 (325 + import/shipping) USD for the Pikachu at the start of this year. The Pikachu and Championship Arena (with Mew) are probably the two most popular ones. The other will probably be around 100-225 USD each, so the full set might be around 1-1.75k. That’s just a guess, though.

I remember seeing the Chinese Rayquaza as well, but not sure if someone on the forum bought it or not. (Couldn’t find it in @pottsinator’s collection. Do you have it, @pottsinator? And if yes, would you mind sharing what you paid for it and when you bought it (don’t feel obligated to do so if you don’t want to of course)?)

Greetz,
Quuador

Have you seen where people would be actually selling the Championship Arena if anywhere at all? :blush:
Only found 1 recent eBay listing, nothing apart from that.

No :slightly_frowning_face: missed my chance to buy it on eBay for 99$. I think almost 2 years ago (?)

1 Like

I didn’t realize how rare it was

Tbh no. Although I’ve only looked for the Pikachu myself, so I could have missed others, I’ve never seen any of these Chinese POP promos for sale on eBay personally.

Greetz,
Quuador

That seller is me. I pretty much gave them away by auctioning such niche items lol. Doesn’t bother me, but a shame you couldn’t get them @mjisaacs

I gave the Rayquaza to someone on this forum as part of their SecretSanta gift. They haven’t posted it publicly so I assume its staying firmly in their collection.

1 Like

I’m gonna try to track down that Tauros at least since out of the 10 it’s gonna be the cheapest. I’m hoping that whoever has it, doesn’t care about it, but knowing my luck that’s gonna be a childhood memory card or something :blush:

Mjisaacs