Base Set 2 Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur PSA 10 Price

What’s everyone’s opinion on the current value of these 3 in PSA 10? The pop report on these are really low and they rarely show up. Could these be worth more then their base set counterpart in PSA 10?

Its highly unlikely they’re worth more than Base unlimited. Base 2 wasn’t that popular, so not many people bothered to buy or even get graded. It didn’t have the same appeal as the original set.

Charizard has done a bit of catching up to the unlimited base set. At least in recent auctions. But that seemed bound to happen once there was a noticeable shortage in unlimited Zards online. Plus unlimited Zards are at a bit of a stalemate, although one could argue they’ve peaked because psa 10’s have stayed about the same price for a while. However, 7 8 and 9s continue to increase gradually. But I think Base 2, at best, will always fall short of Unlimited.

James, you make a valid point in terms of scarcity, but remember, sayyy 6 months or so ago, when everybody on ebay pulled a raw base 1 zard outta there… collection? the same may very well happen to base 2 here shortly.

but hey, if I had wheels, I’d be a wagon.

1 Like

pokemonprice.com/CardsForSet/c5042ca9-da85-46cc-afb8-44713aa74884/2000-pokemon-game-base-ii