Base 1st Edition Blastoise psa 10

Anyone know what’s the current going price for this card? I’m looking to maybe splurge on one but not sure what a good price would be for one and if it’s a good time to buy one at the moment. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you!

www.pokemonprice.com/CardDetails/978149e5-8bb4-4905-bce9-539ee37a95c3/blastoise-holo-1st-edition

1 Like

If possible, seek out a shadowless 10 if you can find one. Will be similar in cost but there arent many in existence, so will prove to be a better investment for the future. Rarer, minter, better.

1st edition > shadowless all day. Scott’s phrase holds true as a general guideline, but it’s not going to encompass all of the different aspects like demand, collectibility, and perception of any specific items. The market is already so optimized that I find it hard to believe that anything as well known as shadowless is being “slept on”, especially in relation to 1st edition base, which is and will always be king of set cards.

7 Likes

Not minter. Both PSA 10s. Not better compared to first edition. Already read a novel about your rarer views

OP might just like first edition better and doesn’t care about the future investment

OP, pokemonprice is the go to for your answer

4 Likes

Here you go again with the shadowless hype :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Ill sell you my shadowless 10 for a similar price ill even sell it for $1500 less, how does $3700 sound? bargain!!

1 Like

While we are at it, why not go for a Japanese no rarity Blastoise in PSA 10? Pop report is 4 currently and it is roughly 2.5 years older than shadowless… Alternatively, seek out a 1999-2000 Blastoise in PSA 10. Although younger than shadowless, they may prove to be harder to find!

2 Likes

There were a few recent sales under $5k. Sales in the past have been as high as $6-8k, so $5k seems to be a good buy price. In my opinion, it’s the second best set card of all time behind Charizard.

4 Likes

1999-2000 was it’s own print run. Shadowless and 1st edition base share the same print run.

@btoise,

16 Likes

@smpratteuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190731/563cd6db5c634445f5962b5768969263.jpg" src=“https://i.imgur.com/gPjuQoS.png”]

just to clarify do you mean in relation to 1st edition? iff so I can agree to that :wink:

No one :

Btoise: shadowless > Gary’s bgs 10 1st edition charizards

2 Likes

Just so you know… one day… when shadowless cards are being traded for the same cost, if not for more than 1st edition base… you are all going to be saying to yourselves why didnt I get those PSA 10 shadowless holos when they were still somewhat affordable… and then you’re gonna be looking back and saying wow, that btoise, what a great guy he was. He said everything he possibly could have, educated us all on what really happened and what was to become the future but we just didnt listen. Instead, we avoided listening to reason, and continued to completely ignore the pop report until it became too late for us to achieve what he wanted all of us to realize. 20 or 30 years, if these are collectible, pop report will be everything to this set. Forgot who said it… its on the tip of my tongue… :thinking: hmm… hes a great guy too…:thinking: hmm… puts out videos on modern Japanese cards and just explained to us that extra printings of cards dont make those same cards any less rare​:thinking::thinking::thinking:… hmmmm. Oh well, itll come to me soon I’m sure :wink: . The rarer, the minter, the better.

Btw I liked your meme, Scott. Thanks for taking the time to do that, sir. Honestly, it was very funny to see, regardless if someone on your patreon asked for it.:v::zipper_mouth_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth::upside_down_face:

Sorry to add to the off topic chatter but @btoise , are you putting your money where your mouth is? I’ve sold two Shadowless 10’s at prices similar to 1st Edition in the past week but even I, with my stacks of Shadowlwess cards and sales that help make your point sound solid am not stupid enough to think that the popularity of 1st Edition will somehow jump over to Shadowless simply because all these collectors have sudden revelations by reading your endless, troll-like rambling about how you can see the future. I love Shadowless and have been collecting it basically non-stop for the past few years but if I truly thought it was going to be more valuable than 1st Edition all around why would I waste my time trying to convince everybody else instead of just buying it up? I like that the conversation is being had because the history of it all is very interesting but I’m not totally convinced you aren’t a troll. I also don’t think you should be the spokesperson and main salesman of Shadolwess, haha. You’re too pushy.

4 Likes

I like that you have an opinion and you’re willing to share it while recognizing this conversation is a healthy one for all of us to be having. It’s good to have fun with life, and that’s what I’m doing here and what everybody should be doing on E4. I’m sticking up for this set now for what I believe to be obvious reasons that appear to have been overlooked or worse yet, ignored for possibly several reasons. With that said, mind sharing with the group what shadowless cards you sold and how much you sold for.

Assuming he would collect all of these assets prior to making the statement known. Would this not be the next move? Can we assume that this isn’t already the plan in motion? Because this would be the next step, no?

Sorry milad, would you mind cleaning up your spelling and grammar so the rest of us can understand what you’re trying to say?

Thank you.

I added a letter. And i replaced a letter. I appreciate you using context clues instead of an attempt to belittle me. Woops. You didn’t.

1 Like