Base 1st Edition Blastoise psa 10

No, Shadowless will never be on equal footing with 1st Ed but it will always outdistance Unlimited shadowed. I wish it would increase though because I would pound those pop reports to death lol.

4 Likes

I’m not trying to belittle you. I am enjoying myself engaging with people in the community. I honestly dont hold animous to anybody in here.

At roughly 8 dollars a card I’m surprised that you haven’t already to be honest. I believe that you would have many mint shadowless holos tucked away somewhere.

as another avid shadowless collector here, my opinion is that shadowless will always be the little brother to 1st edition. the only thing going for it is that the pop 10 on some of the cards are dramatically lower than their 1st ed counterpart, thus the price of certain cards approaching or equaling the 1st edition psa 10. but in terms of popularity, i do not think shadowless can hold a candle to 1st edition. there are a few shadowless fans out there, but not close to 1st edition. i like it for the fact that it has the same base design, just missing the 1st edition stamp. i’m not a big fan of the unlimited card design and color…

in terms of pricing. i’ve been selling a few of my 1st ed blastoises psa 10. one went for 4.5k in may, another i sold for nearly 6k just a week ago. you don’t see too many psa 10 cards being auctioned these days, so you’ll have to buy it off of someone. as you can see by the BIN prices, most people do think this card is more valuable than what people are willing to pay. i’d say if you can get the card for 5k off of BIN, you got lucky. market price should be between 4-7k, but skewing towards 5k or higher. i feel like you should feel fairly comfortable paying in that range. wasn’t there one that was BIN on ebay for 5.2k recently?

2 Likes

to add to my previous post: 4.5k was via auction, and 6k was via best offer. right now, you do have to be patient, because we do have quite a bit of supply on the market after the phenomenal 2017-18 growth, but i can see it drying off very quickly. things are achanging…

How many ungraded mint Shadowless holo sets would you say you have left? :grin:
Just one or two? :grin:

You can change the word sets to cards if you’d like.

Or… what price would a Shadowless Blastoise 10 need to reach before you graded more?

I’m also curious to know if anyone hopped on that Clefairy deal.

@zap2,

Nobody has jumped at that offer, which was kinda the point to why I offered it lol.

Yes, I have many shadowless. In fact I have nearly every one I collected from 1999-2003 or 2004 when I stored everything away. They are already graded. I rarely sold them back then (besides to my very best customers) both because I loved them as a collectible and they were being collected by only very few people. Not much interest in them as a side collectible.

I admit, it’s been very tempting because of the market this last two years, but I already have a lot of stuff to sell anyway if I like and if I recased a lot more (they’re not designated) it could devalue what I already have.
As many already know, I don’t ever want to sell out of my collections so there’s no good reason, in my eyes, to correct those things that are already well protected.

Sorry I’m just trying to follow you here. All of or the majority of your shadowless holos are already graded? What did you mean when you said that you would blow up the pop report if they became more desirable?

@btoise,

I wasn’t able to get PSA to designate the shadowless until about 2007 or so. Prior to that shadowless were graded but designated as the normal unlimited.

Right. So you haven’t had them reslabbed. If you dont immediately have the numbers off the top of your head, could you estimate how many 10s of each holo you feel you have that could cross over.

Thank you for all the work you’ve done recognizing and legitimizing the shadowless set.

Since I won’t be selling them anyway I’d prefer not to say.

1 Like

I appreciate and respect the honesty.

The real secret here is that the unlimited pop is the lowest. The unlimited pop seems high, but they’re actually all shadowless cards that were graded by Gary before the designation was made between shadowless and unlimited. Unlimited is lower pop than shadowless and 1st edition. Everybody buy unlimited before they outpace shadowless and 1st edition once the truth gets out.

9 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: the fate of the pop report lies in the very hands of the man who created it. How fitting. :shushing_face::+1:

It’s not that bad lol. You all already know pretty close to what I have in Charizard’s. The others aren’t far off from that I’m sure.
Scott’s last video was very good on this point. Having extras not known in the original pop isn’t that consequential. Due to high demand they would just get absorbed and values wouldn’t much be affected.

This is the second sequential thread that @thugnoodles made that randomly became a rambling, borderline-troll shadowless conversation.

Coincidence? I think not.

2 Likes

I prefer shadowless. :sunglasses:

1 Like