WTB PSA 9 Shadowless Blastoise

Paying $2000 paypal.

Please have pictures available.

Over 10 years on ebay, 200+ positive feedback

References on IG as well.

Shipping would be to Alberta, Canada

One sold at auction a day ago for $5.1k

Not sure if legit or not but here’s a screenshot.

www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/383748909458?item=383748909458&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

There were 3 separate bidders in this auction who bid $4.5k or more. Each of them has between 130 to 350 feedback and the 3 accounts have combined for 0 bid retractions.

So probably legit? Although I guess you never know.

Prior to this the previous sale was for $2.1k on October 7th.

Hard to know how much stock to place in one auction.

Also it should be noted that the lowest listed on eBay at the moment is $5k with best offer.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info @opmystic ,@hyruleguardian .

I can’t keep up with these prices anymore lol. This is one of the last cards I need.

3K price jump in 1 week. Card price more than doubled. Joy.

5 Likes

I have been told by reputable source the blastoise and venusaur got paid for, so probably easily 5k now that zard is 15k+.

2 Likes

I’m confused on why that one for $5k OBO is still sitting then… People must not look at other listings. A 1st ed copy sold for $8,500 yesterday, too. Shouldn’t the ratio be larger between 1st ed & shadowless in terms of price?

1 Like

People feel they have time with BIN and usually don’t buy quickly unless significantly cheaper than last auction. A lot of people may still be skeptical of last sale which is probably the real issue though. Yeah 1st ed Blastoise should be a 15k card right now…

1 Like

and we all thought things wouldn’t get any crazier. I’m looking forward to this so called price retrace at Xmas

1 Like

Nothing surprises me anymore.

10 Likes

Yup. Same.

1 Like

Supply and demand. The market doesn’t care about our feelings. Fact. There are fewer shadowless 9s than 1st ed 9s in existence and far fewer shadowless 10s than 1st ed 10s. And no, there are most likely not more minter and fresher raw copies of this sought after card in the wild than there would be 1st ed. Considering that they are part of the same print run and that shadowless boxes are like hens teeth, it makes sense for both examples to trade closer in value with each other. The history regarding the release of these sets are now widely known in the community so I welcome this trend. Everyone else should as well, all growth is good for the hobby.

5 Likes

This isn’t a debate about shadowless vs 1st Ed printruns though.
The topic has been discussed several times already. You can use the e4 search to find many extensive threads about this. Demand for 1st Ed has always been way ahead of shadowless and there is no indication of a change. I’m not a fan of the huge premium for that tiny stamp myself, but it’s the market reality.

1 Like

Historically way ahead, yes. But at this rate…I’d say not for long.

1 Like

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Shadowless-Blastoise-PSA-9-Mint-Holo-Rare-2-102-Base-Set-card/154105654842?hash=item23e169ae3a:g:qnAAAOSwGLpfcBBK

Another $5k Usd Sale.

Maybe I should just sell mines >.>

2 Likes

But would you consider selling to the OP at the 2k ask? :thinking:

1 Like

That would be a… no :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

last year, i sold a complete shadowless holo psa 9 set for under 2.5k. now this one blastoise is worth two of those sets…

5 Likes

Don’t even think about what the charizard is worth now lol.

1 Like

i bought a shadowless 9, unl 9 and base set 2 9 for 650 in february, crazy that the shadowless itself will most likely 10x before the year is up

1 Like

There is an auction for a PSA 8 going on currently. Its close to your offering. Worth looking at. Good luck.