Aug 17 - Aug 23, 2014 - Gengar EX - XY4 Phantom Gate

Gengar EX - XY4**

Discuss!**

1 Like

Reminds me of Gengar Lv X a bit, but whereas that artwork was more appropriate for Gengar, I feel this one belongs more in a carnival. Too much color!

I think it looks quite interesting, goes well with the new stadium. Reminds me of coloured jewels. Perhaps we will see pokemon like Sableye, Clamperl etc that relate to jewels. :open_mouth:

Not into the color globs… with the obvious exception of our amorphous friend, Ditto :S

I found this card interesting to say the least.

My biggest complaint is the boring holo effect that plagues all of our EX cards these days.

1 Like

Totally agree with Soulwind, at least with the old lv.x gengar you had that crazy effect. If this card had a similar crazy effect, it would do justice to the art. Still quite like it, even though I agree with the comments on it being not gengar like and a bit to colorful for a dark psychic type.

Hmmm interesting, so this is what Pokemon cards look like these days… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Since when was Gengar ever this “dark” pokemon?
The only Gengar I recall was the one in Lavendar Town partying with Haunter and Gastly in the playroom.

1 Like

Well, he is pretty spooky z;)

aren’t you forgetting the first episode ever, battling Nidorino :blush:

He is to blame for the chill down your spine.
Pokedex entry: Gengar, the Shadow Pokémon. Gengar is the final evolved form of Gastly. It can absorb any surrounding heat, leaving a sudden chill.

And we can thank him for the full moon:
LeafGreen: On the night of the full moon, if shadows move on their own and laugh, it must be Gengar’s doing.

But above all, he is a trickster:

Sometimes, on a dark night, your shadow thrown by a streetlight will suddenly and startlingly overtake you. It is actually a Gengar running past you, pretending to be your shadow.

he is the original embodiment of wickedness

The dream eater

Lick

• “I see what you did there”
2 Likes

1 Like

@pokemontrader Touché

1 Like

I don’t know.
I’m not here picking fights but for a lot of pokemon they can be seen either happy or spooky.
Look at arbok for instance. A giant snake but because part of the Rocket Gang, people think of it as a stupid poke.