At what point should I worry? "Lost" mail thread #236745

So, I’m waiting on a five figure item from the U.S. and I’m from the UK and tracking hasn’t updated since November 15th. Now, I know, unprecedented mail delays and all that jazz, but at what point should I genuinely be worried and/or create a lost mail case?

Here’s the last update:

November 15, 2020, 7:37 am

Departed

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on November 15, 2020 at 7:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I wouldn’t be as bothered if it was a low cost item, but it’s the biggest single card purchase I’ve made so I’m a bit uneasy.

Is this by courier or Royal Mail/USPS?

Sorry this is USPS.

OK. So the last update was almost two months ago, and that was the item arriving in the UK from the US, departing the depot at Heathrow, with no update since then? I’m sure you don’t need to tell me that’s not good, if I’ve understood correctly. Have you been in contact with the seller?

What does the tracking show in the royal mail system? When sending from the US internationally, never trust the USPS tracking site to see you through to the end. Always opt for the receiving countries postal tracking system.

2 Likes

Yeah, I almost asked which tracking interface you were using, as eBay will tell you different to USPS which tells you different to Royal Mail, sometimes. Also important is whether this was an eBay/PayPal purchase - and if any protection or insurance was taken out, if any was even available through USPS.

That is a very good point, I just checked Royal Mail (which pointed me to ParcelForce), which says:

“Your parcel has left its origin country and is on its way to the UK. Please see our enhanced help if the final destination is not the UK.”

Date Time Location Tracking event

7/11/2020 12:18 Delivery Agent - CHICAGO

Despatched to the UKView an extended tracking event description

7/11/2020 9:23 Delivery Agent - CHICAGO Prepared for despatch to the UK

4/11/2020 16:58 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected

So according to Parcelforce it’s not actually in the UK. I’ve had this before with Parcelforce actually, in my experience they seem to be the slowest in the UK when receiving items from the US so maybe it is just a waiting game.

Hope it shows up soon! Was there a reason you didn’t use FedEx or UPS? I’ve had too many issues with USPS which is why I’d never use them for anything high value.

Nah I didn’t choose the postal service, I’m not overly familiar with which is best over there.

I had a uk package to Canada take 2 months before the holidays ( around August) and almost the whole time it had left the uk on route to destination country up until it showed up at my door

1 Like

Fedex/dhl/ups couriers offer 2-4 day worldwide shipping

1 Like

Not overseas related but I just got a notification that my package I ordered domestically on 12/17 is out for delivery today 1/8 - USPS first class

1 Like

Hey Matt
I sent a submission to PSA late November 2020 by USPS. It was stagnant on “in transit” for over a month and it just got to PSA yesterday(Jan 6,2021). I can understand your stress level because I was in the same boat all that time. Mine were some rare cards that took me a while to put together. There’s a 99.9 chance that eventually you’ll get your delivery but take a proactive approach and call USPS as much and as often as you can. Go online and file a report but call, call call until they get sick of you. For me, I’ll never use USPS ever again, they stonewalled me too much untill I finally found somebody who understood my concern. Once the ball got rolling my package was found(in albany, New York…I live in southern California) and delivered in a couple of days they even called me to tell me they found my package. Good luck.

1 Like