AreEsTee's Collection 11/18/16 - Evolutions FA, Pikachu, etc

So awesome! I need to pick one up for myself :blush:

ALL OF THOSE CARDS ARE IN THAT ONE BOX?!

Definitely considering picking one of these up!

I like it, nice add yo!

Yup, everything in those scans (aside from the sleeves) comes in one box in three 41-card decks. In Japan, each deck was a separate, more expensive release, so they had three boxes, but more holos per box and special sleeves with each box. You get what you pay for I guess.

That being said, the English boxes came out last Friday, and it’s already impossible to find them at MSRP online as far as I can tell. Barnes and Noble had them in stock for 10% off MSRP (~$27) with free shipping over the weekend, hopefully they get more for those of you who are interested:

www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-yu-gi-oh-king-of-games-yugis-legendary-decks/28965649?ean=0083717825463

1 Like

Why are ya’ll motherfuckers trying to get me to start collecting Yu-gi-oh?!!?

1 Like

12/3/15 Update: Japanese Regular EX Collection - Work in progress obviously… but I do believe I am pretty up to date with the EXs that are available so far. With this collection, I get at least one of each Pokemon available as an EX. If more than one is available, then I decide by factors such as how good the artwork is, promo > set-based (since set EXs are available as FAs), or cost (not gonna pay 50 bucks for a promo version of a set-based EX that has the same artwork, for example). I’ve put placeholders for announced EXs/EXs that I do not have yet as well. Now you guys know why I get kinda upset if a previously featured Pokemon gets another EX; it just doesn’t help my collection goals at all. :stuck_out_tongue: Enjoy!

6 Likes

Continued:

Second to last image is of extra promos, finally got the M-Absol to complete my Mega collection so I thought I’d add it here as well. And of course Pikachu gets his own special page. :]

7 Likes

I enjoy the way you documented the ones you’re missing. The EX’s look so nice together!

2 Likes

It’s pretty interesting comparing the Full Art set to the regular EX set cause the latter just seems so much more fleshed out. Although I did kinda cheat by putting in Plasma EXs for the legendary birds. And also for anyone keeping track, I just realized that I forgot to include Golem and Leafeon placeholders; those should be coming out with the Eeveelution decks on 12/26 I believe.

1 Like

12/9/15 Update: Pikachu Ultra Pro Leather Binder / Deckbox - So yeah, for those of you who followed my thread, you may remember that I mentioned this binder two months ago when Pokebeach originally said it’d be released. It must’ve been delayed or something since I couldnt find an online vendor that had it in stock till late last week when it showed up on Walmart. Instantly ordered the binder as well as the deckbox in order to make free shipping, and got em in the mail today. :blush:

Finally got more binder space to put my reverse foil Legendary Collection back in pages again; I had them sitting in a stack on top of my desk as I removed them from my other binder to make space for Japanese EXs and my god I was paranoid I was gonna damage them. Feels goooooood.

3 Likes

12/23/15 Update - XY9 Rage of the Broken Heavens EXs - Got these sooner than I expected as I managed to snag a set of all of them for a pretty good price. I don’t think I’m gonna update my Pokedex order EX scans with every set though as that’s pretty tedious; will probably do it every three sets or so maybe. But yeah, this is what the XY9 EXs look like together in one neat photo. English Full Arts to follow in Feburary. :blush:

154/XY-P - 7-Eleven Pikachu Promo - The Pikachu binder kinda inspired me to make a mini Pikachu collection. Not gonna go crazy with it like @justinator but I will try to pick up a few unique pieces here and there.

5 Likes

Very nice card (: plan on keeping it sealed?

Nice regular Japanese EXs. I’ve been thinking about doing this but grading them. It might look nice next to my English ultras.

1 Like

Nah, I don’t think it’s a rare enough card that keeping it sealed would increase its value by much in the long run; I’d rather open it and double sleeve to ensure it stays in pristine condition. Unfortunately the packaging of new sealed promos doesn’t lend well to storage in a side-loading binder.

I’ve got a few sealed and loaded into my side loader, they seem alright but I wish I could sleeve them too.

AreEsTee’s First Update of 2016 - Start of the Ultimate 90’s Kid Shrine - Not a card collection update, but I went out and got another Detolf IKEA display case today to start on my latest project. Currently have two shelves dedicated to Pokemon, one to Digimon, and one to Yu-Gi-Oh, the franchises I grew up with. Everything is a work in progress, but I am quite happy with the results thus far. :blush:

3 Likes

Each section is real neat and nicely picked.

My wife hooked me up with a detolf on my birth day!

1 Like

1/5/16 Minor Update: Pokemon Illustration Collection - After about a month of waiting, I finally got this in the mail today. Figured I’d pick it up cause the sealed book on Amazon costed less than the promos themselves for whatever reason and I wanted the Cosplay Pikachu for my collection. It’s a pretty neat book though, highly recommended for any Pokemon TCG collector. :]

2 Likes

1/11/16 Update: Pikazard X/Y Boxes - Got these in the mail today! So excited for em.

Contents of Boxes - Interestingly enough, all the packs are still 1st Edition. Just double checked, XY6 Emerald Break packs are unlimited.

Pulls - Got 3 EXs and 4 holos from 10 packs, can’t complain about those kinds of ratios although I did already have all of these.

Pikachu FA / EX Collection: My heart. It’s melting. <4

2 Likes