AreEsTee's Collection 11/18/16 - Evolutions FA, Pikachu, etc

That Shiba Warrior Card I must have it!

Small update today as I contemplate purchasing a dedicated scanner. I currently have a 2 in 1 Scanner/Printer in the Canon MP470. It seems to do the job for me as I collect ungraded cards, but I couldn’t help but look up the specs after reading @fourthstartcg 's thread about his scanner problems, and it appears that my scanner has a CIS lens as opposed to a CCD which would be necessary if I ever decide to get PSA cards. Gotta say though, scanning cards is pretty tedious work; had to spend a good amount of time to get the images looking… presentable.

1. Complete English “LEGEND” Card Set - these cards seem to be underappreciated for some reason; I don’t see people talking about them much on here. I think the art on them is just fantastic. Not sure my scan does them justice. :neutral_face:

2) Yu-Gi-Oh - Magicians and Magician Girls - Gotta say I’m much happier with the way this scan turned out; perhaps the black background provided by the sleeves I used helped.

3) Yu-Gi-Oh Millenium Puzzle Sleeves - Grabbed a few packs of these off eBay in anticipation of the Yugi’s Legendary Decks Box Set to be released in November. Awesome sleeves I gotta say, and only adds to the hype of the boxset release. Can’t wait. :grin:

8 Likes

That legendary deck box set! Awesome those sleeves are really going to compliment the cards from that set.

1 Like

Wanted to show off one of my ongoing projects today. :blush:

Japanese Mega EX Collection - Complete as of 11/4/15… minus M Absol EX which I have coming in the mail. It’s quite interesting seeing the Megas in Pokedex order as it shows how skewed the distribution is. Gen 3 'Mons have far more than the others, with Gen 1 being in second place. Gen 6 has full Mega card representation though… with Mega Diancie. Gen 5’s solo Mega in Mega Audino doesn’t have a card yet. :sob: I plan to keep this collection up to date, so we’ll see what the future holds (the empty slots are intentional to make adding to the set easier). Got Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Mawile to look forward to later this month. :blush:

English Team Plasma Pokemon Full Arts - Just decided to throw this one in since the Megas took up an odd number of pages. I got a complete English Full Art collection going as well, but I’ll wait till my BREAKthrough cards come in before I take pictures of them. The Team Plasma cards look kinda odd with the other FAs as they have their own theme to them, so I always kinda just considered them a side set. It’s unfortunate that all of the Pokemon featured as Team Plasma FAs minus Lugia don’t have an actual “proper” FA; hopefully they get one soon so I can add to them to my Full Art Pokedex.

Gen 1/2

Gen 3

Gen 4/5/6, Team Plasma Full Arts

4 Likes

4 Likes

Haha, @dragontype caught me as I was updating my last post with better pictures/scans. I’m back today with some more goodies, starting off with the first half of my English FA collection, essentially complete from Generations 1-3 (Empty spaces are for future releases). The only ones missing are the two Mewtwo EXs from Breakthrough, and Houndoom EX which I have coming in the mail.

English FA Collection, Part I

And the main attraction: I received my UPCCC Giveaway Prize today, special thanks again to @thorgene! I have opted to not open the Charizard Base Set booster as I already have a completed Base Set and would’ve most likely just pulled a Lass anyway (@milhouse). So instead, I have opted to make it into a special momento/tribute to UPCCC; it’ll always be a very special part of my collection. :]

UPCCC October 2015 Giveaway Prize

9 Likes

Lol’d at the Suicune placeholder. One day ;-;

4 Likes

PokéDex order is the proper way to go! I like how you organize your cards my good suh.

Word on the street is there was only 1 copy of that card ever made, it’s worth thousands.

Love all those cards together. It makes sense go keep them together like that! I’ll be updating my coll. Thread today too, all for trade though since pikachu is my only goal atm

@salmoncannon glad someone appreciated the placeholder. :blush: It really does annoy me though when they release only parts of trios in FA form; just feels wrong. Sceptile being the only hoenn starter to get a FA… Registeel being the only Regi… but most of all… Suicune. Just why… ;~;

@missingno yeah Pokedex order makes the most logical sense to me when it comes to collecting outside of actual sets. My FA’s actually aren’t 100% in order though because I feel like in some cases the Pokedex doesn’t make sense (this comes into play more later on… Gen 5 specifically) or that certain things would just look better in a binder if arranged differently. Take for example the Hoenn weather trio; I put that on the bottom row and moved Jirachi up with Lati@s because I just think it looks better this way.

2 Likes

They definitely owe us a nicer Articuno & Zapdos, Moltres,Suicune,Regirock, Regice FA’s

11/10/15 Update: The rest of my English FA collection (Gen 4-6, Mega EXs), including the new Breakthrough FAs. My apologies in advance if I trigger anyone’s OCD putting Gen 6 before Gen 5 in my scans; it’s just that Gen 5 has so much more representation and I wanted to show how I arranged them in my binder (not in Pokedex order). I think they look much better this way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gen 4 and 6

Gen 5

Mega EX Full Arts - Complete as of Breakthrough.
Extras / Miscellaneous - For the Pokemon that got more than 1 FA EX card and others that don’t quite fit in. Houndoom here cause I just got him.

I do believe that the only English FA EX card I’m missing is Shaymin EX from Roaring Skies, mainly cause of his price being high due to playability… think I’m willing to wait… but if anyone can hook me up with one for <$30 USD, lmk. :stuck_out_tongue: Higher res scans of everything available on my photobucket.

7 Likes

You got me with the Shaymin Doge EX lol. I’ll never forget the day I saw a full art sell for $90AUD

Really nice collection! Mostly bought or traded?

@shizzlemetimbers The Shaymin went for 90 AUD? That is… very overpriced even considering the conversion rates lol. I think the most I’ve paid for a single English FA is Mewtwo EX from Next Destinies which costed me $30-35 USD. There were plenty of others in the $20-30 USD range though.

@zenard My collection is entirely bought… which for some people kinda takes something out of it I guess. If it were up to me I’d like to open packs as well; it’s just not economical with my collection goals in mind. I actually just recently pondered on how many boxes I would’ve had to open to get to where I am now and basically it’d just be ridiculous. Add in the fact that I collect FAs in English and regular EXs in Japanese… plus promos… yeah. Buying the singles is the only way I could do it. That being said, it’s still a fair amount of work hunting down all the cards in NM/M condition for good prices.

4 Likes

@areestee I love opening packs, but not even I can justify it if I’m not collecting an entire set! Buy most of my cards aswell! ^^

They look so lovely like that.

Amazing :blush:

11/17/15 Update: Yugi’s Legendary Decks - After much anticipation, I finally got this in the mail today:

Quite awesome I must say; my only complaint is the choice of cards which they decided to make holofoils. The Japanese release had 12 secret rare holofoils per deck and they changed it to only 5 ultra rares per deck for the English release. Including the 10 promos however, that still makes 25 holofoils in this box and at $29.99 MSRP, it’s a steal. As a side note for fans, this box marks the first time Electromagnetic Turtle, Dark Renewal, Black Illusion, Arkana’s Red Dark Magician, and Griffore have been released in English.

Although I had older/higher rarity prints of basically every card in this set already, it’s still awesome seeing everything in one neat box. 10/10 would recommend, here’s a picture of my current Yu-Gi-Oh set up, with my very own first (Legendary) Deck Box from maybe ten years ago. :grin:

Next update will be back to Pokemon I’m sure.

5 Likes