Any idea how to clean this?

Was hoping to possibly grade this but I’m really unsure how to clean it or if it’s even possible. I tried a light dab of water and a microfiber cloth but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Where’s the dirt or whatever you’re trying to clean off?

I think it’s at the bottom right corner of the holo Gary.

Sandpaper

www.elitefourum.com/t/how-to-clean-a-card/20160/1

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s dirt, looks like a stain or something. I’m not really sure.

Could it be part of the manufacturing process and not dirt?

1 Like

I’m 90% positive that it’s permanent. Otherwise dab a q-tip in water and slightly swirl it on the mark. If it doesn’t erase maybe it qualifies for a “Print Defect” (PD) sub-grade.

mentalfloss.com/article/72296/11-squeaky-clean-facts-about-spit

Saliva is the best cleaner and you have all the tools necessary. Lick it clean… perv.

2 Likes

I usually just lick my cards clean

1 Like

Cleaning a card could be considered alteration… Probably best to grade as-is.

It’s a printing error. Pretty rare item.

Actually, looks like a fairly heavy scratch… I don’t think you can clean it. But just try some wet wipes first gently. Then dry with a tissue afterwards lightly.

1 Like

if that’s some glue, my guess would be to use some rubbing alcohol with a Q-tip and very carefully remove it. If that’s a printing error / incorporated to the card, I’d say keep the fingers away!

1 Like

I tried cleaning it again with a q-tip and a drop of water but no effect. It doesn’t really look like a scratch, I don’t think it’s glue or I think I would have felt it on the surface. It’s definitely flat and smooth. Alcohol, I’d be afraid to use because of wiping off the ink. I dunno, maybe it’s a print defect. I may just send it in just to see what PSA has to say.

@galalyth, no alch! dont do it. It might just be a print defect.

It is a priting error, you can not clean it.
I pulled an Aquapolis Lanturn with the same printing error on the holographic part… :slightly_frowning_face:

What grit works best for cards? Maybe start with 300 and work your way up to 10,000?

I needed a good laugh today, thanks.

Looks like there’s many scratches on that card anyway and they don’t clean off. That mark just makes it appear in even worse condition.

I have heard horror stories of water permanently swelling cards.