An All-New Pokémon Series Is Coming

New Pokemon Series announced, and it looks like it might be the end of an era. I know a lot of people wanted to move on, or at least move towards a generations/ origins type series, but part of me never wanted the original journey to end.

6 Likes

I guess nothing lasts forever

22 Likes

Yeah, it’s a strange feeling to know that I’ll never have this much nostalgia invested into a character again. And then to deal with the realization that it’s not only coming to an end, but to also know that those Saturday mornings waiting for a new episode have actually been over for a long time.

I had been watching the latest Journies series, and while I’ll save my criticisms/ wishes for another time, I was kinda glad to see Ash being the same. So much has changed over the last 20 years, and it’s hard to accept that most of us have to work like Larry. (Even though Larry goes hard in his own way.)

7 Likes

Honestly I feel conflicted that Ash and Pikachu are leaving the anime. Watching the anime since 2007 and now seeing him being retired does make me feel sad. Even though you can argue that they were stale and it was time for them to be retired, they are both synonymous with Pokemon.

I feel like getting rid of Pikachu is the harder decision since he is the main brand mascot. It feels like taking Ronald McDonald away from the commercials and advertisements then replacing him with Mayor McCheese as the new head mascot.

My only wish for the anime is that it can more fleshed out like XY with character development, but I know that’s a pipe dream. Maybe Ash can make a cameo in the series. Hopefully the new series will be well received.

6 Likes

The end of an era for sure. I used to be in complete shambles as a kid if I didn’t make it home in time for an episode of Indigo League. Hopefully this next chapter will be as memorable for kids today as the original was for us back then.

6 Likes

Just saw a tiktok about how ash is going to do a final reunion with the Pokémon he caught throughout his journey:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRVsY2tB/

7 Likes

“Somehow someday, we’d have to say goodbye”

4 Likes

End of an era. Feels really strange and I’m honestly kinda bummed about it. It makes me feel old too. Like my childhood is over or something even though I’m an adult

3 Likes

All of this happening made me think of the song Together Forever, that would sometimes play after episodes of Indigo League. I think it’s fitting in this circumstance. It used to get me emotional back then, and just listening to it again today caused a couple gaspy tears to fly out.

8 Likes

Should bring back the OG theme song for the final season.

2 Likes

End of an era.
I am not gonna lie I will start watching the show when the new series start.
sad seeing this but still love to see this. can’t wait to have kids to share this show with them.

2 Likes

11 Likes

good riddance :sweat_smile:

I feel much sadder about this era ending than the yellow borders going, even though I barely watch the anime. Realistically they had to do it at some point.

The real question: how will this affect the market for Ash’s Pikachu LV. X?

6 Likes

All I know is there will probably be a tcg box and card dedicated to ash.

4 Likes

End of an era. Ash finally gets to continue aging. Maybe now I’ll watch the old series just for nostalgia. Never did fully watch a season.

Last episode is Ash finally waking up?

With the end of sword and shield does not come the end of a generation, but the end of an era. Weird feelings…

3 Likes

shiny rayquaza was random, is that glow mega or terastallization?

And the girls hair clip is the same logo on Ash’s hat. Safe to assume she’s his kid but the boy…maybe Brock’s kid?

99% certain its tera considering the context. also its the regular form. not the mega

Sad, but all things end. This will definitely get me rewatching from ep 1 on …

Farewell old friends…

1 Like