Pokémon Anime Finale (SPOILERS)

Thought we could talk about the final here if anyone wanted to. It was a wild ride.

1 Like

Haven’t seen the episode yet but I know what happens. It really is the end of an era. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a new protagonist next season. Ash will probably take the role of the mentor who travels with the protag. They can’t ditch him entirely, can they?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. Him and pikachu are the face of Pokémon

1 Like
1 Like

Man i havent seen the anime in years but seeing this last episode was a rollercoaster of deep feels and nostalgia.

The animation was outstanding as well.

3 Likes

I think the thread title spoils it :sweat_smile: @pfm it should probably be changed for the ongoing watchers.

1 Like

Better? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks good to me! thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s the final scene of the battle for those interested. The animation goes nuts and there’s a really nice scene that hits hard for long time fans. Also, the use of the original Japanese theme song is a nice touch. Hopefully, they’ll do something similar for the English dub when it premieres.

17 Likes

Honestly made me tear up

4 Likes

Holy moly that actually hit a lot harder than I thought it would. I like how all(?) of the Pokemon that Ash had released along the way were still in Pikachu’s mind too.

I had a Pikachu alarm clock when I was little that would play an instrumental version of the original Japanese theme, and at the time I had no idea what it was because I had only heard the English theme before. It wasn’t until probably a decade later when I first heard the actual full Japanese theme and realized where I had heard it before. I just had another wave of feels when that started playing in the clip.

7 Likes

Hot damn that was great. Got me emotional.

2 Likes

I teared up seeing butterfree and pidgeot.

It really does feel like the end for Ash’s journey. Wonder if we’ll get region specific stories and not and ongoing protagonist for the future.

Wait if this is the end for ash, what happens to Jessie, James and Meowth?

2 Likes

They are as big of a piece if the anime as ash and pikachu

New Brock storyline where he picks up ladies all day perhaps? :flushed:

4 Likes

I probably had the exact same alarm clock and honestly I didn’t put it together until I watched the last episode. No idea where the alarm clock is now D:

1 Like

I also found this on Youtube. Has English subs too!

I definitely feel different after seeing this.

1 Like

It may be the end for Ash. The last episode of Journey’s is called " *Pokémon! I’m Glad I Got to Meet You!!" Which sort of mirrors the first episode called “Pokemon I Choose You!”

1 Like

I could see them moving on from Ash as well, but I really don’t think they should. Changing protagonists would feel off and not quite like Pokémon to me

I really enjoyed it. The final moments really showed why Pikachu is a beast, as I expect him to be after all these years. The mouse showed his true powers. Infact, every Pokemon on Ash’s team had time to shine in the final battle. Also Leon was a great competitor in terms of a very strong team and the whole buildup of him being the best in the world himself.

Overall was a very fun arc with a very fan service team for Ash. I still believe overall Ash’s Kalos team was the very best he ever had,and a better personal character development. But I enjoyed Ash having Gengar and Dragonite as team members.

Cheers!

2 Likes