All new Pokémon revealed (SPOILERS)

I feel the same as most people do, and that’s not thrilled at all with these new forms. I really wish TPC would look to fanart of new designs and Pokemon for inspiration. I’ve seen tons of fan created mons that look 1000% better than most of these in Legends Arceus. I’m partial to the Zorua and Zoroark and that’s really it. Sneasel looks cool, but it’s really just a change of color palette. The rest I’m not feeling at all, with most being laughably bad.

1 Like

i want to punch hisuian typhlosion in his dumb face

but for real, these look pretty bad, some are just frankly confusing. Half of them look like edgelords while the other half look like they are sad that they were created

I do like the new electrode line and the new Decidueye is pretty cool (or at least feels inspired)

2 Likes

Agreed, I like them as well. Pleasantly surprised when they revealed the typing, was just expecting some inferior Weavile with mix coverage.

1 Like

These look like digimon. Besides zoroark I honestly find all of them hideous. I hate to be negative but this is easily the worst I have felt about new pokemon.

9 Likes

Part of me likes ursaring, but I also know what it was and… ?

Anvil. bahaha! TPC: “Needs more ‘steel’ for the steel type… Anvil.”

1 Like

Good lord some of those are hideous. I like a few but the Palkia… yeesh. I’m still excited to play the game though!

Anyone know when sword and shield tcg will end? Do they usually need to release the new gen game first?

For a long time Sawk has been my least favourite Pokémon, I don’t think he even makes the bottom 3 anymore after this reveal…

Some of these are puzzlingly bad. How many people did these have to go past to get approved!?

New genie looks like it was based off a 3 year old’s concept art. New Dialga looks like a glitched PS1 game. New Sneasel evolution is the new #1 worst offender of the ever-worsening human-like Pokémon trend.

1 Like

What they did to Palkia is the most disrespectful thing this franchise has put out, maybe ever :laughing:

I get that they’re called Gamefreak but these Pokemon look like some damn Shin Megami creatures

Dialga be like

3 Likes
Spoiler

I love how Zorua and Zoroark look! I like Voltorb and Electrode as well. And Sneasel. But Weavile is weird. Also why are Dialga and Palkia horses suddenly? Did Calyrex summon them or something? Lool. Most of the rest I’m not a big fan of.

2 Likes

Sheesh, didn’t know efour was full of boomers :rofl::rofl::sweat_smile:

Aside from Dialga/Palkia, I think these are all great additions. Particularly Voltorb, Sliggoo, Enamorus, Overqwil, Decidueye, and Ursaluna.

Everything will look much better with official artwork, too.

3 Likes

I believe the new Hisui Pokemon will inevitably grow on us. The Gen 5 Unova Pokemon were so awkward when they came out like the Trubbish line and the Vanillite line. And… this is more unpopular opinion thread worthy, but going all the way back to Gen 1 Kanto we had awkward Pokemon like Diglett line, Mr. Mime, Jynx, etc.

As of now I don’t like the new Dialga and Palkia. Five years from now who knows though.

I disliked the new Therian/Incarnate Pokemon but it’s going to be a bit awkward since it’s inspired by a Turtle and snake combination which is already awkward.

1 Like

As a Digimon fan, I find it insulting to call the new Pokemon Digimon-like.

The only ones I like are Zorua and Zoroark. And what the hell is this Sneasel cosplayer doing in there?

The designers should just stop forcing themselves because they’re out of ideas. Instead, they should hold a public design contest with a public vote. And the winners get implemented in the game. I know lots of fan concepts that blow newer official Pokemon out of the water.

2 Likes

I think the difference is net new vs, modifying existing. If they create new pokemon and people don’t like them, sure maybe they’ll grow on folks, but no one is invested in those characters. If you have an already beloved character by someone, and change it into something they don’t like, that’s a tougher pill to swallow

2 Likes

Jokes aside, I’d completely agree.

So, pokemon ran out of ideas and now is using, Digimon, Sonic OCs and now a bayblade reference as inspo.

Honestly why can’t gamefreak hire fan artists, some ideas they come up look more intresting compared to what we’re getting.

Because everyone is still going to buy it. Nobody votes with their wallet and Gamefreak gets to continue to pump out whatever they want

1 Like

Dialga and Palkia are so blursed!

They are all pretty nice, I would rather get more version/region exclusives than to add 150 new pokemon for each new generation.
I kinda did burst out laughing when I saw Dialgo and Palkia thought, what are they lol

Pokemon has been supposedly running out of ideas since gen 2. It’s the same old, tired response everytime a new pokemon is revealed, and its as untrue as it’s ever been. I don’t exactly care the general artistic direction because I grew up with gen 1, but the designs themselves do not lack inspiration at all.

2 Likes