$900,000 Illustrator Offer Shenanigans

I get offers & messages all the time for the illustrator I have listed, but this one was gold. Message starts from the bottom:

18 Likes

I would love to know the intent when buyers go in like this. Like he blatantly knows he is not going to make a real purchase through this method and does he really believe he could scam like this if he wanted to? Like I really can’t fathom what is going through this guys head when he types.

1 Like

Ahh, people. Am I right?! :blush:

some people just get a kick by wasting the time of others, I don’t understand, just feel sorry for those individuals.

1 Like

My minimum decline goes up by 50K per day, starting yesterday. It is now 1.05M. Good luck.

12 Likes

Hey @smpratte I will pay you a million* for it in cash.

* in Vietnamese Dong

7 Likes

I forgot to screen grab the other message:

18 Likes

Based in United States, ersou.us.cndwjr9 has been an eBay member since Mar 20, 2014

Positive

Maybe you should reconsider that’s nearly 1 a month.

1 Like

He’s just mad cause mommy and daddy didn’t give him the other 100k.

1 Like

But who gave him the first $899,999.99?

… BIEBER???

8 Likes

1 Like

@smpratte I always thought it was listed for traffic generation. Are you serious about selling it?

1 Like

If someone is willing to pay a ridiculous price then why not? My charizard listing is waaaaay overpriced too but there’s a price on everything.

3 Likes

Everything is for sale, its just a matter of price

1 Like

I love that you always keep that sense of humor, many top sellers just adopt this serious mature “grown up” persona to mask
themselves. Keep it up Scott !

As a vietnamese person this made me laugh haha

4 Likes

A local radio show love mentioning the Dong.

@garyis2000, would you be at all sad if someone simply bought your cards outright? I had a dream once where I listed a card for a crazy high value, but suddenly it sold because the market caught up and I was distraught. Some serious collector dream right there…

2 Likes

Honestly should have taken the offer…