Adults Crying About Prices

I get these messages every week and had to share this one as its meme worthy. Conversation starts from the bottom:

40 Likes

Wow! I think christiandancel23 is a disguised politwerk420xxx! Love your response with the tissues, @smpratte.

2 Likes

I’m dead.

3 Likes

1st Neo Destiny is ready for a break out, I recently yanked my PSA 10 1st Dark Espeon after everyone kept comparing and bringing up the $700 sale from October and wondering why I wouldn’t sell for that.

1 Like

@kpod, I agree. I thought about pulling this listing after checking the availability.

Wow I love it. What is it with so many people now a days feeling entitled to everything?

1 Like

I like Gary’s advice to me when I first got on here, pay a fair price and keep the hobby healthy.

3 Likes

That GARY is one smart dude;)

23 Likes

I heard that this guy, Gary, had a bunch of Charizards and is considered “royalty” in the hobby. :wink: A very mysterious character.

4 Likes

Almost every vintage card price today would give chronic diarrhea to the people like above two years ago, so what does this mean for 2 years in the future? Come on now people, these cards are gonna sell at whatever price we list them sooner or later. It’s called market growth lol

1 Like

pretty sure that guys is just going around trolling. Haven’t gotten a message back after this one.

6 Likes

@cullers - Can you circumvent the buyer from having to pay sales tax by doing what you wrote? If so, is there any additional risk to you as a seller for having them pay via PayPal and marking the item paid?

PayPal doesn’t collect taxes so it works. The buyer protection is like any other PayPal transaction. So the risk is the same as any other goods and services. Less risk for the seller compared to eBay, as PayPal doesn’t hold as much of a standard that eBay does. eBay doesn’t care either as they still get to collect their fees.

2 Likes

“Adults”

4 Likes

People are cheap, if you don’t like the price, move on… dont be a little b**** and send a message. I hate it when people send you one “random” sold listing and say its the catch all price. Collector’s are going to pay whatever they think it is worth to them. I work with some babies in adult bodies too, so I feel your pain.

His comments, messages, and feedback score is the same age he is acting :ninja: :grin:

2 Likes

As a middleman for Japanese goods, this is my favorite line from prospective buyers:

“Why can’t i buy it at cost?”

1 Like

As I would say in nearly every sense in which things wouldnt go the way I would want them to, it is what it is. haha

But really, being new to buying older products myself, it can be frustrating. However, to push on matters of a specific price is just to me a lack of respect for the seller and a lack of understanding as a buyer. With time and proper research, the price would be seen as fair, and even with my lack of extensive knowledge in this subject Ive come to find its best to accept the circumstance rather than fight it in an unprofessional manner. Bargaining for a little lower is one thing. Messaging criticism without content or intent to buy stated is a whole other ballgame.

I will say though messaging back in this way here would be super entertaining for me if I were in @smpratte 's position haha

1 Like

And the random sold listing they send you is an all time low price where a seller had shady feedback or undersold what they had

What about those poor adults crying about erroneous use of apostrophes?

2 Likes

When someone direct messages you on ebay about a listing asking you for your best price on a BIN or BO you tell them and then they offer you a lower price than the best price you just stated! *Facepalm*

2 Likes